Compact Powerhouses: Best Mini Gaming PCs of 2023
Compact Powerhouses: The Best Mini Gaming PCs!
Gaming PCs are typically imagined as colossal machines, flashing RGB LEDs and showcasing gigantic graphics cards. However, the realm of gaming has evolved! Discover the allure of the best mini gaming PCs – compact yet brimming with power!
Unleashing Compact Might!
- Why Enormous? Mini gaming PCs debunk the myth that size equals power. Wondering how? They host full-scale components within their sleek structures.
- Variety & Choice: Origin, Corsair, and others offer many pre-built options. Want to build one yourself? There’s guidance for that, too!
- Small but Mighty: Minisforum and similar brands present compact and affordable options. Curious about their performance? They are 1080p capable!
- Considerations: Looking for a small form factor PC? Remember to consider upgradability, cooling solutions, and volume. Why settle for components that throttle under heat?
Top Mini Gaming PC Picks:
- Minisforum UM773: Best for most gamers.
- Origin PC Chronos V3: Premium choice.
- Intel NUC 12 Serpent Canyon: An actual mini PC.
- Corsair ONE i400: Boasts a stunning design.
- Beelink SER6: Your budget-friendly pal.
- Asus ROG Ally: Top handheld PC.
Curious About the Details?
The best mini gaming PCs aren’t just about compactness; they offer optimal performance, even for those tight on space or the move! Intrigued to learn about the capabilities of each mini gaming PC and find out which one suits your needs the best? Stay tuned as we delve deeper into each model and explore their unique offerings and capabilities!
Minisforum UM773 Lite: Small but Mighty Mini Gaming PC
The Minisforum UM773 Lite is the best mini-gaming PC for light gaming. Wondering why? Well, let’s dive into the specs!
- Graphics: AMD RDNA 2 680M
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS, 8 core 3.2GHz – 4.75GHz
- RAM: 32GB DDR5
- Storage: 512GB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD
- Connectivity: Multiple USB ports, HDMI, WiFi 6E, Bluetooth, and more
- Dimensions & Weight: Compact and light at 5.03 x 4.9 x 1.8 inches and 3.65 lbs
- Cooling: Effective with liquid metal thermal compound and airway design 120 fan
Pros and Cons:
- Pros: Compact, powerful, abundant RAM
- Cons: Some have reported defective WiFi cards
This mini gaming PC may surprise you with its integrated graphics, but don’t underestimate it! The AMD 680M offers performance between the Valve’s Steam Deck and the Asus ROG Ally. It runs well with fast DDR5 RAM, allowing eSports titles to run smoothly at 1080p.
And guess what? It’s upgradable! It has room for more storage and even an eGPU if needed. Its myriad of ports make it a practical choice for connectivity.
But is the Minisforum UM773 Lite the suitable mini gaming PC for your needs, or is there a better match for you? Keep reading to find out!
Origin PC Chronos V3: The Premium Powerhouse Mini Gaming PC
In search of a premium mini-gaming PC? Look no further, the Origin PC Chronos V3 is here!
- GPU: Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
- RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600Mhz
- Motherboard & PSU: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I WiFi and 850 Watt CORSAIR SFX-L
- Storage & Connectivity: 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen 4.0 and diverse USB ports
- Cooling: Advanced with dual 120mm fans and liquid CPU cooler
- Dimensions: Compact at 7.87 x 17.71 x 10.6 inches
Pros and Cons:
- Pros: Robust, upgradeable, supports PCIe Gen 5.0
- Cons: A bit large, pricey
The Chronos V3, an upgrade by well-known custom PC builders Origin, is housed in a sleek Corsair’s 2000D case, giving it a vertical, supercharged Xbox Series X vibe. It’s not the cheapest at $2,806, but it’s a product of quality and reliability from a seasoned company. You can easily play the latest AAA games thanks to its powerful AMD Ryzen 7 and Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti.
Origin, owned by Corsair, often offers excellent deals on peripherals. Despite its size, it’s still smaller than an average ATX case, maintaining its mini gaming PC status. It stands out for its credentials, customer service, and flexibility.
Do you want to see if the Origin PC Chronos V3 suits your premium needs, or is there something more fitting? Stay tuned to unveil more powerful options!
Intel NUC 12 Serpent Canyon: Compact Gaming with Robust Graphics
Are you hunting for a genuinely compact gaming experience with dedicated graphics? The Intel NUC 12 Serpent Canyon might be your ideal match!
- Graphics: Intel Arc A770M 16GB
- CPU & RAM: Intel i7-12700H & 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz
- Storage & Connectivity: 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD with diverse ports including HDMI and Thunderbolt
- Cooling & Dimensions: Equipped with dual fans and measures 9.06 x 7.09 x 2.36 inches
- Weight: Weighs just 4.34 lbs
Pros and Cons:
- Pros: Compact, sleek design, powerful graphics
- Cons: Issues with Intel Arc, pricey
Intel’s NUC 12 Serpent Canyon, part of the renowned NUC series, introduces a powerful all-Intel system with their Arc GPUs housed in a tiny, stylish case. It flaunts a remarkable performance-to-size ratio, making even the PS5 and Xbox Series X seem bulky. It’s loaded with an Intel Arc A770M and a capable i7-12700H, ensuring smooth gameplay even for resource-intensive AAA games.
However, the Arc cards have some teething issues and lack the broad support of Intel’s upscaling technology XeSS, though they’re catching up. It’s not upgradable but offers ample drive options and replaceable RAM.
Priced at $1,585, its unique design and superior performance make it worth considering. Are you curious if the Serpent Canyon stands out in mini gaming PCs? Stick around to find out!
Corsair ONE i400: A Mini Gaming Marvel with Iconic Design
Are you on the hunt for a gaming PC with remarkable aesthetics? The Corsair ONE i400 might sweep you off your feet with its striking design and splendid performance!
- Graphics & CPU: Packed with Nvidia RTX 3080 10 GB and Intel i7-13700KF
- RAM & Storage: Features 32GB DDR5-5600MHz RAM and 1TB NVMe SSD
- PSU & Connectivity: Boasts a 750W SFX 80 PLUS Platinum and extensive connectivity options, including USB and Thunderbolt ports
- Cooling & Dimensions: Utilizes dual liquid AIO coolers; Measures 6.93 x 7.87 x 14.96 inches
- Weight: Tips the scale at 9.6 lbs
Pros and Cons:
- Pros: Stunning RGB lighting, exceptional gaming performance
- Cons: High price for RTX 3080 PC, upgrade challenges
The Corsair ONE i400 shines with subtle RGB lighting and a tasteful, water-cooled design. Established as a design icon since the debut of the original Corsair One in 2017, it flaunts Intel’s 13th-gen i7 and fast DDR5 RAM, promising to elevate your gaming experiences and multitasking needs.
However, at $2,499.99, it may disappoint with its RTX 3080 pairing and selective refreshes, limiting upgrades due to its unique design. It’s the embodiment of aesthetic functionality, possibly justifying the trade-offs if the iconic design aligns with your gaming aesthetics. Is its powerful aesthetic appeal and gaming prowess worth the trade-offs and the price point? The choice is yours to make!
Are you looking for gaming dynamism on a shoestring budget? The Beelink SER6 Gaming Mini PC, heralding AMD’s integrated graphics, stands out as the best budget-friendly option!
- Graphics & CPU: Armed with AMD RDNA 2 660M and AMD Ryzen 5 6600H 6 core 4.5Ghz
- RAM & Storage: Offers 16GB DDR5 4800MHz dual-channel RAM and 512GB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD
- Connectivity: Provides diverse connectivity, including USB, HDMI, and 2.5Gb ethernet
- Cooling & Dimensions: Comes with dual fans; Dimensions are 4.96 x 4.45 x 1.65 inches
- Weight: Extremely lightweight at 1.13 lbs
Pros and Cons:
- Pros: Comparable to Steam Deck performance, upgradable RAM and storage
- Cons: High-pitched fan noise, marginally cheaper than 680M systems
The Beelink SER6, slightly less powerful than the Steam Deck’s iGPU, compensates with two extra CPU cores and added power, ensuring a snappier gaming and computing experience, particularly with older and lighter titles. The user-replaceable SODIMM slots and a PCIe 4.0 M.2 slot provide ample scope for storage and RAM upgrades, rendering it a versatile emulation machine for legally owned ROMs, especially for those seeking a bit more room beyond the included 512GB.
However, the bliss of performance comes with the buzz of its dual fans. These smaller fans, when the action heats up, resonate with a high-pitched noise. Priced at $429, it’s a smidge cheaper than 680M-equipped mini PCs, inviting considerations for spending a tad more for additional CPU and CU cores.
Asus ROG Ally: A Power-Packed Portable Gaming Prodigy
Introducing the Asus ROG Ally, a marvel in the mini gaming PC realm, hailed as the top portable option thanks to its potent combination of power and portability!
- Graphics & CPU: It houses an AMD 780M and an AMD Z1 Extreme APU 8 core.
- RAM & Storage: Equipped with 16GB LPDDR5 6400MHz Dual channel RAM and a 512GB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD, supplemented by microSD.
- Display & Connectivity: Features a 7-inch IPS 1080p 120Hz (VRR) display and innovative connectivity options including ROG XG Mobile Interface.
- Cooling & Dimensions: Utilizes a dual fan design; Dimensions are 11.02 x 4.37 x 0.83 ~ 1.28 inches.
- Weight: A lightweight champion at 1.34 lbs.
Pros and Cons:
- Pros: Affordable, high-powered, and ultra-portable.
- Cons: The Armory Crate software and Windows 11’s functionality in portable mode necessitate refinements.
The ROG Ally, priced at $699, stands out with its built-in controller and display, offering immense portability and surpassing the likes of the Steam Deck in portable mini-gaming due to its superior GPU and CPU prowess. The versatile Ally guarantees high-end gaming on the move at 1080P and transforms into a versatile desktop, particularly when paired with a gaming keyboard and mouse, allowing seamless editing and multitasking.
Its VRR screen ensures a smooth, hiccup-free gaming experience, even during intense gaming sessions. However, the combination of Asus’ Armory Crate overlay and Windows 11 currently needs to catch up to Valve’s SteamOS in terms of functionality. While improvements are inevitable, it offers the immediate advantage of seamless compatibility with popular games like Fortnite and Roblox.
Choosing the right mini-gaming PC is essential for an unparalleled gaming experience. Whether it’s the balanced Minisforum UM773 Lite, the powerful Origin PC Chronos V3, or the versatile Intel NUC 12 Serpent Canyon, there’s a mini PC for every gamer out there!