Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 (15.6 Inch 144Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/8GB RAM/1TB HDD+256GB SSD/Windows 10/Nvidia GTX 1650Ti 4GB Graphics)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H | 6 Core | 12 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 3 GHz | 4 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 3200MHz | Single Channel 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Storage: 1TB HDD, 256GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 2x M.2 Slots
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1650ti 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 6 (4000/5000 Series)
- Display: 15.6 Inch | FHD (1920 x 1080) | Panda LM156LF-2F01 | 144Hz
- Battery: 57.48 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3 (Type C) | 3x USB 3.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.176 kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44
The Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 is powered by the 6 core AMD Ryzen 5 4600H processor and a GTX 1650Ti with 4 GB of VRAM. The display here is the 144Hz FHD (1920x1080p) panel. Other specs include 8 GB RAM and 1TB HDD+256GB SSD. This is a great laptop if you are a professional creator, engineer, or gaming this is a great laptop. But it is still by no amount a perfect laptop.
- Great Options For Upgradability (2x SO-DIMM Slots | 2x M.2 Slot | 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot)
- Fast 144Hz Display
- Great Entry Level CPU
- Decent Port Selection
- Fast Dual Channel Memory
- Poor Colour Coverage
- No SD Card Reader
- No Finger-Print Scanner
The chassis of the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 is entirely made out of plastic and has an angular design on the top panel with the Acer logo with a smooth finish. The back exhaust has a red accent.
The Ports selection here is quite basic and has nothing special going for it but at the same time, it has all the essential ports that 95 percent of people need.
- 1 x 3.5mm COMBO audio jack
- 3x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1)
- 1x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2)
- 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
- 1x HDMI
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 has a chicklet style keyboard with a backlight with the num pad being a little narrow. Overall you will have a decent experience while typing and Gaming. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision. The dedicated mouse buttons are not available but the trackpad itself is large.
The Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 9750H. The 4600H should be able to handle most of your active workloads of Photo and Video editing or any other CPU-intensive task the only bottleneck here being the 8GB of RAM which you can easily upgrade. The GTX 1650TI, on the other hand, is an entry-level GPU with limited potential for GPU intensive tasks such as 3D rendering and Gaming. Now compared to the previous GTX 1650Ti is about 10 percent more powerful than GTX 1650 and is about 5 percent slower when compared to GTX 1060. The 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD of storage should be enough for almost any user however for a power user, fortunately, Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 has plenty of options for upgradability.
The Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 gives you a ton of options for upgradability and makes this device relatively future proof.
- 2x SO-DIMM Slots available for upgrading RAM with a maximum support of up to 32GB of RAM.
- 2x M.2 Slots one occupied
- 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot which is occupied.
Display: 144Hz FHD (LM156LF-2F01)
The FHD panel on the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 has a 144Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: LM156LF-2F01
- Coverage: 66% sRGB | 49% AdobeRGB | 49% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.33;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1200:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6485K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.15 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 25 ms
Specification: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 (15.6 Inch 144Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/8GB RAM/1TB HDD+256GB SSD/Windows 10/Nvidia GTX 1650Ti 4GB Graphics)