Asus TUF Gaming A15 fa506ih-as53 (15.6 Inch 144Hz FHD|AMD Ryzen 5 4600H|Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics|8GB RAM|512GB SSD|Windows 10)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H | 6 Cores | 12 Threads | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 3 GHz | 4 GHz
- RAM: 8GB RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | Single Channel
- Storage: 512GB SSD
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile | 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 6
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | 144Hz | Panda LM156LF-2F01
- Battery: 48 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Keyboard: Backlit | Chicklet Style
- Weight:2.2 Kg
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 230W Power Adapter | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Upgradability: 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 2x M.2 Slots | 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Other Features: Bluetooth 5.0
- Laptop Model: Asus TUF Gaming A15 fa506ih-as53
Laptop Review: Asus TUF Gaming A15 fa506ih-as53
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 fa506ih-as53 is powered by the 6 core AMD Ryzen 5 4600H processor and a GTX 1650 with 4 GB of VRAM. The display here is the 144Hz FHD (1920x1080p) panel. Other specs include 8 GB RAM and 512GB SSD Kingston OM8PCP3512F-AB. This is a great laptop if you are a professional creator, engineers, or gaming this is a great laptop. But it is still by no amount a perfect laptop.
- Great Options For Upgradability (2x SO-DIMM Slots | 2x M.2 Slot | 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot)
- Fast 144Hz Display
- Great Entry Level CPU
- Decent Port Selection
- No Wi-Fi 6
- Below-average battery
- Poor Colour Coverage
- No SD Card Reader
- Small Arrow Keys
- No Finger-Print Scanner
The chassis of the Asus TUF Gaming A15 fa506ih-as53 is entirely made out of plastic and has a black textured finish with a single red stripe. The design here is not a beautiful one but it has tuff design except for the lid which wobbles a little. The display maintains a modern design with thin 7mm bezels. According to Asus, the A15 fa506ih-as53 goes through rigorous MIL-STD-810H tests. These tests include Drop, Shake, Humidity, Heat, and Cold.
The Ports selection here is quite basic and has nothing special going for it but at the same time, it has all the essential ports that 95 percent of people need.
- 1 x 3.5mm COMBO audio jack
- 1x Type-A USB2.0
- 2x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1)
- 1x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2) with display support DP1.4
- 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
- 1x HDMI support 2.0b
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 A15 fa506ih-as53 has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The WASD keys are transparent and get a little extra RGB backlight. The arrow keys are a bit small with the num pad being a little narrow. Overall you will have a good experience while typing and Gaming. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision. The dedicated mouse buttons on the bottom quite clicky and tactile and it is always better to have dedicated buttons.
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 fa506ih-as53 is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 9750H. The 4600H should be able to handle most of your active workloads of Photo and Video editing or any other CPU-intensive task the only bottleneck here being the 8GB of RAM which you can easily upgrade. The GTX 1650, on the other hand, is an entry-level GPU with limited potential for GPU intensive tasks such as 3D rendering and Gaming. Now compared to the previous GTX 1650 is about 40 percent more powerful than GTX 1050ti and is about 15 percent slower when compared to GTX 1060. The 512GB SSD of storage should be enough for an average user however for a power user, fortunately, fa506ih-as53 has plenty of options for upgradability.
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 A15 fa506ih-as53 gives you a ton of options for upgradability and makes this device relatively future proof.
- 2x SO-DIMM Slots available for upgrading RAM with a maximum support of up to 32GB of RAM.
- 2x M.2 Slots one occupied
- 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot
Display: 144Hz FHD (LM156LF-2F01)
The FHD panel on the Asus TUF Gaming A15 A15 fa506ih-as53 has a 144Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: LM156LF-2F01
- Coverage: 66% sRGB | 49% AdobeRGB | 49% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.33;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1200:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6485K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.15 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 25 ms
Specification: Asus TUF Gaming A15 fa506ih-as53 (15.6 Inch 144Hz FHD|AMD Ryzen 5 4600H|Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics|8GB RAM|512GB SSD|Windows 10)