Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ029 (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4800H/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Nvidia GTX 1650Ti 4GB Graphics/Windows 10)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | 8 Cores | 16 Threads | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.9 GHz | 4.2 GHz
- RAM: 16GB RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | Dual Channel
- Storage: 1 TB SSD
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1650ti Mobile | 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 7
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | 60 Hz | LG LP156WF9-SPK1
- Battery: 48 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Keyboard: Backlit | Chicklet Style
- Weight:2.2 Kg
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Upgradability: 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 2x M.2 Slots | 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Other Features: Bluetooth 5.0
- Laptop Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ029
Laptop Review: Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ029
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ029 is powered by the 8 core AMD Ryzen 7 4800H processor and a GTX 1650Ti with 4 GB of VRAM. The display here is the 60Hz FHD (1920x1080p) panel. Other specs include 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD. Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ029 has an extremely powerful CPU however the GPU here is average, to say the least with a poor display.
- Great Options For Upgradability (2x SO-DIMM Slots | 2x M.2 Slot| 2.5 Inch SATA Bay)
- Decent Port Selection
- Powerful CPU
- Fast Dual Channel Memory
- No Wi-Fi 6
- Poor Colour Coverage
- Slow 60Hz FHD Display
- No SD Card Reader
- Small Arrow Keys
- No Finger-Print Scanner
Design and Build Quality
The chassis of the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ029 is entirely made out of plastic and has a black textured finish with a single red stripe. The design here is not a beautiful one but it has tuff design except for the lid which wobbles a little. The display maintains a modern design with thin 7mm bezels. According to Asus, the A15 goes through rigorous MIL-STD-810H tests. These tests include Drop, Shake, Humidity, Heat, and Cold.
The Ports selection here is quite basic and has nothing special going for it but at the same time, it has all the essential ports that 95 percent of people need.
- 1 x 3.5mm COMBO audio jack
- 1x Type-A USB2.0
- 2x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1)
- 1x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2) with display support DP1.4
- 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
- 1x HDMI support 2.0b
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ029 has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The WASD keys are transparent and get a little extra RGB backlight. The arrow keys are a bit small with the num pad being a little narrow. Overall you will have a good experience while typing and Gaming. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision. The dedicated mouse buttons on the bottom quite clicky and tactile and it is always better to have dedicated buttons.
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ029 gives you a ton of options for upgradability and makes this device relatively future proof.
- 2x SO-DIMM Slots available for upgrading RAM with a maximum support of up to 32GB of RAM. Both of these slots are occupied with 2x 8GB RAM Running at 3200 MHz.
- 2x M.2 Slots one occupied
- 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot
The ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ029 is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 10750H and is comparable to i9 9980HK in terms of performance. The 4800H with its 7nm manufacturing process and Zen 2 architecture gives its Intel counterparts a really hard time. The GTX 1650TI, on the other hand, is an entry-level GPU with limited potential for GPU intensive tasks such as 3D rendering and Gaming. Now compared to the previous GTX 1650Ti is about 10 percent more powerful than GTX 1650 and is about 5 percent slower when compared to GTX 1060. This paired with the 1TB of SSD and 16 of RAM you have a laptop here which is great for creative professionals with decent gaming capabilities.
Display: 60Hz FHD (LG LP156WF9-SPK1)
The FHD panel on the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ029 has a 60Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: LG LP156WF9-SPK1;
- Coverage: 66% sRGB | 49% AdobeRGB | 49% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.33;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 700:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6485K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.15 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 25 ms;
Specification: Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ029 (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4800H/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Nvidia GTX 1650Ti 4GB Graphics/Windows 10)