Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ337T (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4800H/Nvidia GTX 1650Ti 4GB Graphics/16 GB RAM/1TB HDD + 256GB SSD/Windows 10)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | 8 Core | 16 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.9 GHz | 4.2 GHz
- RAM: 16GB of RAM | DDR4 3200MHz | Dual Channel 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Storage: 1TB HDD, 256GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 2x M.2 Slots
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1650ti Mobile, 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 7
- Display: 15.6 Inch | FHD (1920 x 1080) | LG Philips LP156WFC-SPD1 | 60 Hz
- Battery: 48 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.15 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Design and Build Quality
The chassis of the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ337T has a plastic chassis with a smooth grey finish. The design here is a lot better than other Asus Tuf variants but still has a lot of scope for improvement. The build quality here is solid however the lid wobbles a little. The display maintains a modern design with thin 7mm bezels. According to Asus, the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ337T goes through rigorous MIL-STD-810H tests. These tests include Drop, Shake, Humidity, Heat, and Cold.
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ337T has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The WASD keys are transparent and get a little extra RGB backlight. The arrow keys are a bit small with the num pad being a little narrow. Overall you will have a good experience while typing and Gaming. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision. The dedicated mouse buttons on the bottom quite clicky and tactile and it is always better to have dedicated buttons.
The Ports selection here is quite basic and has nothing special going for it but at the same time, it has all the essential ports that 95 percent of people need.
- 1 x 3.5mm COMBO audio jack
- 1x Type-A USB2.0
- 2x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1)
- 1x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2) with display support DP1.4
- 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
- 1x HDMI support 2.0b
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ337T is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 10750H and is comparable to i9 9980HK in terms of performance. The 4800H with its 7nm manufacturing process and Zen 2 architecture gives its Intel counterparts a really hard time.
Display: 60Hz FHD (LG LP156WF9-SPK1)
The FHD panel on the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ337T has a 60Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: LG LP156WF9-SPK1;
- Coverage: 66% sRGB | 49% AdobeRGB | 49% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.33;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 700:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6485K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.15 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 25 ms;
Specification: Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-BQ337T (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4800H/Nvidia GTX 1650Ti 4GB Graphics/16 GB RAM/1TB HDD + 256GB SSD/Windows 10)