Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-HN153T (15.6 Inch FHD 144Hz/Ryzen 7 4800H/GTX 1650Ti 4GB Graphics/8 GB RAM/1 TB HDD + 256 GB SSD/Windows 10)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | 8 Core | 16 Threads | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.9 GHz | 4.2 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | Dual Channel 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Storage: 1TB HDD, 256GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 2x M.2 Slots
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1650ti Mobile | 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 7
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | Panda LM156LF-2F01 | 144Hz
- Battery: 48 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.15 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-HN153T
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Design and Build Quality
The chassis of the ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-HN153T has a plastic chassis with a smooth grey finish. The design here is a lot better than other Asus Tuf variants but still has a lot of scope for improvement. The build quality here is solid however the lid wobbles a little. The display maintains a modern design with thin 7mm bezels. According to Asus, the ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-HN153T goes through rigorous MIL-STD-810H tests. These tests include Drop, Shake, Humidity, Heat, and Cold.
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-HN153T has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The WASD keys are transparent and get a little extra RGB backlight. The arrow keys are a bit small with the num pad being a little narrow. Overall you will have a good experience while typing and Gaming. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision. The dedicated mouse buttons on the bottom quite clicky and tactile and it is always better to have dedicated buttons.
The Ports selection here is quite basic and has nothing special going for it but at the same time, it has all the essential ports that 95 percent of people need.
- 1 x 3.5mm COMBO audio jack
- 1x Type-A USB2.0
- 2x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1)
- 1x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2) with display support DP1.4
- 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
- 1x HDMI support 2.0b
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-HN153T is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 10750H and is comparable to i9 9980HK in terms of performance. The 4800H with its 7nm manufacturing process and Zen 2 architecture gives its Intel counterparts a really hard time.
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650Ti
The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650Ti mobile is based on Turing architecture and a 12 nm manufacturing process on Turing architecture. The 4 GB Graphics Card with GDDR5 memory is clocked at 8 GHz with a 128 Bit memory interface that creates a bandwidth of 128.0 GB / s and operates at 192-bits is attached via PCIe 3.0 x16 interface and Power consumption is at 50 Watt. The GTX 1650Ti mobile is decent entry-level graphics for laptops but with limited potential for gaming and GPU tasks. 1650Ti mobile is about 10 percent more powerful than GTX 1650 and is about 5 percent slower when compared to GTX 1060.
Display: 144Hz FHD (LM156LF-2F01)
The FHD panel on the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-HN153T has a 144Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number :LM156LF-2F01
- Coverage: 66% sRGB | 49% AdobeRGB | 49% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.33;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1200:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6485K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.15 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 25 ms;
Specification: Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II-HN153T (15.6 Inch FHD 144Hz/Ryzen 7 4800H/GTX 1650Ti 4GB Graphics/8 GB RAM/1 TB HDD + 256 GB SSD/Windows 10)