Asus Tuf Gaming A15 FA506IV-BR7N12 (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4800H/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB Graphics/Windows 10 Home) CA
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | 8 Cores | 16 Threads | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.9 GHz | 4.2 GHz
- RAM: 16GB RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | Dual Channel
- Storage: 1 TB SSD
- GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 Mobile | 6 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 7
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | LG LP156WF9-SPK1 | 60 Hz
- Battery: 48 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Keyboard: Backlit | Chicklet Style
- Weight:2.2 Kg
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 230W Power Adapter | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Upgradability: 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 2x M.2 Slots | 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Other Features: Bluetooth 5.0
- Laptop Model: Asus Tuf Gaming A15 FA506IV-BR7N12
Laptop Review: Asus Tuf Gaming A15 FA506IV-BR7N12
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV-BR7N12 is powered by the 8 core AMD Ryzen 7 4800H processor and an RTX 2060 with 6 GB of VRAM. The display here is the 144Hz FHD (1920x1080p) panel. Other specs include 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD. This is an excellent laptop relatively powerful laptop if you are a professional creator or an engineer with great gaming performance. But it is still by no amount a perfect laptop.
- Great Options For Upgradability (2x SO-DIMM Slots | 2x M.2 Slot)
- Fast 144Hz Display
- Decent Port Selection
- Powerful CPU
- Fast Dual Channel Memory
- Good Battery Life
- No Wi-Fi 6
- Single Zone RGB Keyboard
- Poor Colour Coverage
- No SD Card Reader
- Small Arrow Keys
- No Finger-Print Scanner
Design and Build Quality
The chassis of the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV-BR7N12 has a plastic chassis with a smooth grey finish. The design here is a lot better than other Asus Tuf variants but still has a lot of scope for improvement. The build quality here is solid however the lid wobbles a little. The display maintains a modern design with thin 7mm bezels. According to Asus, the A15 goes through rigorous MIL-STD-810H tests. These tests include Drop, Shake, Humidity, Heat, and Cold.
The Ports selection here is quite basic and has nothing special going for it but at the same time, it has all the essential ports that 95 percent of people need.
- 1 x 3.5mm COMBO audio jack
- 1x Type-A USB2.0
- 2x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1)
- 1x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2) with display support DP1.4
- 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
- 1x HDMI support 2.0b
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV-BR7N12 has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The WASD keys are transparent and get a little extra RGB backlight. The arrow keys are a bit small with the num pad being a little narrow. Overall you will have a good experience while typing and Gaming. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision. The dedicated mouse buttons on the bottom quite clicky and tactile and it is always better to have dedicated buttons.
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV-BR7N12 is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 10750H and is comparable to i9 9980HK in terms of performance. The 4800H with its 7nm manufacturing process and Zen 2 architecture gives its Intel counterparts a really hard time. The RTX 2060 Mobile performance is similar to that of the GTX 1070 Desktop variant and is just slightly better than the GTX 1660Ti Mobile. The RTX 2060 Mobile is best suited for Gaming at 1080p with ultra settings but we don’t recommend the use of ray tracing for most games. The 1TB SSD of storage should be more than enough for an average user however for a power user, fortunately, FA506IV-BR7N12 has plenty of options for upgradability.
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV-BR7N12 gives you a ton of options for upgradability and makes this device relatively future proof.
- 2x SO-DIMM Slots available for upgrading RAM with maximum support of up to 32GB of RAM. Both of these slots are occupied with 2x 4GB RAM Running at 3200 MHz.
- 2x M.2 Slots one occupied
- 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot
Display: 60Hz FHD (LG LP156WF9-SPK1)
The FHD panel on the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV-BR7N12 has a 60Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: LG LP156WF9-SPK1;
- Coverage: 66% sRGB | 49% AdobeRGB | 49% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.33;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 700:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6485K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.15 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 25 ms;
Specification: Asus Tuf Gaming A15 FA506IV-BR7N12 (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4800H/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB Graphics/Windows 10 Home) CA