Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN147T (15.6 Inch 144Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7-4800H/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics/8GB RAM/1TB HDD+512GB SSD//Windows 10)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | 8 Core | 16 Threads | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.9 GHz | 4.2 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Storage: 1TB HDD, 512GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 2x M.2 Slots
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile | 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 7
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | Panda LM156LF-2F01 | 144Hz
- Battery: 48 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.15 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN147T
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Design and Build Quality
The chassis of the ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN147T has a plastic chassis with a smooth grey finish. The design here is a lot better than other Asus Tuf variants but still has a lot of scope for improvement. The build quality here is solid however the lid wobbles a little. The display maintains a modern design with thin 7mm bezels. According to Asus, the ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN147T goes through rigorous MIL-STD-810H tests. These tests include Drop, Shake, Humidity, Heat, and Cold.
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN147T has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The WASD keys are transparent and get a little extra RGB backlight. The arrow keys are a bit small with the num pad being a little narrow. Overall you will have a good experience while typing and Gaming. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision. The dedicated mouse buttons on the bottom quite clicky and tactile and it is always better to have dedicated buttons.
The Ports selection here is quite basic and has nothing special going for it but at the same time, it has all the essential ports that 95 percent of people need.
- 1 x 3.5mm COMBO audio jack
- 1x Type-A USB2.0
- 2x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1)
- 1x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2) with display support DP1.4
- 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
- 1x HDMI support 2.0b
The ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN147T is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 10750H and is comparable to i9 9980HK in terms of performance. The 4800H with its 7nm manufacturing process and Zen 2 architecture gives its Intel counterparts a really hard time.
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650
The GTX 1650 is based on the Turing architecture and 12 nm manufacturing process. The 4 GB Graphics Card with GDDR5/GDDR6 memory is clocked at 8GHz with a 128 Bit memory interface that creates a bandwidth of 128 GB/s and operates at 192-bits is attached via PCIe 3.0 x16 interface and with a power consumption of 50 Watt. The GTX 1650 is a mid-range graphics card primarily aimed at Gamers the performance just falls short of the GTX 1060, however, GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti pales in comparison to that of GTX 1650.
GTX 1650 mobile is decent entry-level graphics for laptops but with limited potential for gaming and GPU tasks. GTX 1650 mobile is about 40 percent more powerful than GTX 1050ti and is about 15 percent slower when compared to GTX 1060.
Display: 144Hz FHD (LM156LF-2F01)
The FHD panel on the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN147T has a 144Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number :LM156LF-2F01
- Coverage: 66% sRGB | 49% AdobeRGB | 49% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.33;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1200:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6485K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.15 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 25 ms
How is the ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN147T for Gaming?
The Nvidia GTX 1650 mobile should be able to handle most modern AAA games without any problem. The GTX 1650 mobile and gets about 32 percent benchmarks to score in gaming when compared to Nvidia RTX 3090.
- Below 20 FPS– Unplayable/laggy/stuttery
- 20-30 FPS– Below average, acceptable for some laggy for others.
- 30-45 FPS– Average, acceptable for most people.
- 45-60 FPS– Above Average, Smooth animation/No lag.
- 60-90 FPS– Semi-Professional.
- Above 90 FPS– God tier/Hardcore/Professional.
- Low ( 720p): 144 FPS
- Mid ( 1080p): 112 FPS
- High ( 1080p): 61 FPS
- Ultra (1080p): 47 FPS
PUBG ( PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds)
- Low( 720p): 100 FPS
- Mid ( 1080p): 60 FPS
- High (1080p): 49 FPS
- Ultra (1080p): 37 FPS
- Low (768p): 140 FPS
- Mid (768p): 124 FPS
- High (1080p): 70 FPS
- Ultra (1080p): 32 FPS
CS:GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)
- Low (768p): 144 FPS
- Mid (768p): 144 FPS
- High (768p): 144 FPS
- Ultra (1080p): 144 FPS
League of Legends
- Low (720p): 144 FPS
- Mid (1080p): 144 FPS
- High (1080p): 140 FPS
- Low (720p): 144 FPS
- Mid (768p): 144 FPS
- High (1080p): 120 FPS
- Ultra (1080p): 65 FPS
- Low (720p): 112 FPS
- Mid (1080p): 69 FPS
- High (1080p): 56 FPS
- Ultra (1080p): 48 FPS
Specification: Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN147T (15.6 Inch 144Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7-4800H/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics/8GB RAM/1TB HDD+512GB SSD//Windows 10)