Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IV-HN415T (15.6 Inch 144Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 9 4900H/Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB Graphics/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Windows 10)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 4900H | 8 Core | 16 Threads | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 3.3 GHz | 4.4 GHz
- RAM: 16GB of RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | Dual Channel 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Storage: 1 TB SSD | 2x M.2 Slots
- GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 Mobile | 6 GB VRAM | Vega 8 Graphics (4000 Series)
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | Panda LM156LF-2F01 | 144Hz
- Battery: 90 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 230W Power Adapter | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.15 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IV-HN415T
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IV-HN415T
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IV-HN415T is powered by the 8 core AMD Ryzen 9 4900H processor and an RTX 2060 with 6GB of VRAM. The display here is the 144Hz FHD (1920x1080p) panel. Other specs include 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD.
- Great Options For Upgradability (2x SO-DIMM Slots | 2x M.2 Slot | 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot)
- Fast 144Hz Display
- Powerful CPU
- Decent Port Selection
- Fast Dual Channel Memory
- Large Battery
- No Wi-Fi 6
- Poor Colour Coverage
- No SD Card Reader
- Small Arrow Keys
- No Finger-Print Scanner
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IV-HN415T is powered by the AMD Ryzen 9 4900H which trades blows with the 10th Gen Intel Core i9-10980HK. The 4900H can easily handle Photo and Video editing workloads or any other CPU-intensive workloads. The 4900H here is paired with the RTX 2060, which is a decent upper midrange GPU and you should handle most intensive tasks such as 3D rendering and Gaming with little no problem. The RTX 2060 mobile is based on its desktop counterpart but with a 30 percent reduction in clock speeds and a 50 percent reduction in power consumption. The RTX 2060 Mobile performance is similar to that of the GTX 1070 Desktop variant and is just slightly better than the GTX 1660Ti Mobile. The 1TB of SSD storage should be more than enough for most users and 16GB of RAM running in dual-channel at 3200 MHz won’t be a reason for bottlenecking for most users.
Design and Build Quality
The chassis of the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IV-HN415T has a plastic chassis with a smooth grey finish. The design here is a lot better than other Asus Tuf variants but still has a lot of scope for improvement. The build quality here is solid however the lid wobbles a little. The display maintains a modern design with thin 7mm bezels. According to Asus, the A15 goes through rigorous MIL-STD-810H tests. These tests include Drop, Shake, Humidity, Heat, and Cold.
The Ports selection here is quite basic and has nothing special going for it but at the same time, it has all the essential ports that 95 percent of people need.
- 1 x 3.5mm COMBO audio jack
- 1x Type-A USB2.0
- 2x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1)
- 1x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2) with display support DP1.4
- 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
- 1x HDMI support 2.0b
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IV-HN415T has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The WASD keys are transparent and get a little extra RGB backlight. The arrow keys are a bit small with the num pad being a little narrow. Overall you will have a good experience while typing and Gaming. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision. The dedicated mouse buttons on the bottom quite clicky and tactile and it is always better to have dedicated buttons.
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IV-HN415T gives you a ton of options for upgradability and makes this device relatively future proof.
- 2x SO-DIMM Slots available for upgrading RAM with maximum support of up to 32GB of RAM. Both of these slots are occupied with 2x 4GB RAM Running at 3200 MHz.
- 2x M.2 Slots one occupied
Display: 144Hz FHD (LM156LF-2F01)
The FHD panel on the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IV-HN415T has a 144Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: LM156LF-2F01
- Coverage: 66% sRGB | 49% AdobeRGB | 49% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.33;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1200:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6485K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.15 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 25 ms
Specification: Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IV-HN415T (15.6 Inch 144Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 9 4900H/Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB Graphics/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Windows 10)