Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN150TS (15.6 Inch FHD/AMD 144Hz Ryzen 5 4600H/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics/8GB RAM/1TB HDD+256GB SSD/Windows 10)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H | 6 Core | 12 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 4 GHz | 3.2 GHz
- RAM: 8GB RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz |
- Storage: 1TB HDD, 256GB SSD
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile | 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 6
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | Panda LM156LF-2F01 | 144Hz
- Battery: 48 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Keyboard: Backlit | Chicklet Style
- Weight:2.2 Kg
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Upgradability: 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 2x M.2 Slots | 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Other Features: Bluetooth 5.0
- Laptop Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN150TS
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Design and Build Quality
The chassis of the ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN150TS has a plastic chassis with a smooth grey finish. The design here is a lot better than other Asus Tuf variants but still has a lot of scope for improvement. The build quality here is solid however the lid wobbles a little. The display maintains a modern design with thin 7mm bezels. According to Asus, the ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN150TS goes through rigorous MIL-STD-810H tests. These tests include Drop, Shake, Humidity, Heat, and Cold.
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN150TS has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The WASD keys are transparent and get a little extra RGB backlight. The arrow keys are a bit small with the num pad being a little narrow. Overall you will have a good experience while typing and Gaming. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision. The dedicated mouse buttons on the bottom quite clicky and tactile and it is always better to have dedicated buttons.
The Ports selection here is quite basic and has nothing special going for it but at the same time, it has all the essential ports that 95 percent of people need.
- 1 x 3.5mm COMBO audio jack
- 1x Type-A USB2.0
- 2x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1)
- 1x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2) with display support DP1.4
- 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
- 1x HDMI support 2.0b
The ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN150TS is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 9750H. The 4600H should be able to handle most of your active workloads of Photo and Video editing or any other CPU-intensive task the only bottleneck here being the 8GB of RAM which you can easily upgrade. The GTX 1650, on the other hand, is an entry-level GPU with limited potential for GPU intensive tasks such as 3D rendering and Gaming. Now compared to the previous GTX 1650 is about 40 percent more powerful than GTX 1050ti and is about 15 percent slower when compared to GTX 1060. The 1TB HDD+256GB SSD should be enough for most users which can also be upgraded.
Display: 144Hz FHD (LM156LF-2F01)
The FHD panel on the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN150TS has a 144Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number :LM156LF-2F01
- Coverage: 66% sRGB | 49% AdobeRGB | 49% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.33;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1200:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6485K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.15 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 25 ms
How is the ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN150TS for Gaming?
The Nvidia GTX 1650 mobile should be able to handle most modern AAA games without any problem. The GTX 1650 mobile and gets about 32 percent benchmarks to score in gaming when compared to Nvidia RTX 3090.
- Below 20 FPS– Unplayable/laggy/stuttery
- 20-30 FPS– Below average, acceptable for some laggy for others.
- 30-45 FPS– Average, acceptable for most people.
- 45-60 FPS– Above Average, Smooth animation/No lag.
- 60-90 FPS– Semi-Professional.
- Above 90 FPS– God tier/Hardcore/Professional.
- Low ( 720p): 144 FPS
- Mid ( 1080p): 112 FPS
- High ( 1080p): 61 FPS
- Ultra (1080p): 47 FPS
PUBG ( PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds)
- Low( 720p): 100 FPS
- Mid ( 1080p): 60 FPS
- High (1080p): 49 FPS
- Ultra (1080p): 37 FPS
- Low (768p): 140 FPS
- Mid (768p): 124 FPS
- High (1080p): 70 FPS
- Ultra (1080p): 32 FPS
CS:GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)
- Low (768p): 144 FPS
- Mid (768p): 144 FPS
- High (768p): 144 FPS
- Ultra (1080p): 144 FPS
League of Legends
- Low (720p): 144 FPS
- Mid (1080p): 144 FPS
- High (1080p): 140 FPS
- Low (720p): 144 FPS
- Mid (768p): 144 FPS
- High (1080p): 120 FPS
- Ultra (1080p): 65 FPS
- Low (720p): 112 FPS
- Mid (1080p): 69 FPS
- High (1080p): 56 FPS
- Ultra (1080p): 48 FPS
Specification: Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566IH-HN150TS (15.6 Inch FHD/AMD 144Hz Ryzen 5 4600H/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics/8GB RAM/1TB HDD+256GB SSD/Windows 10)