Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IH-RS53 (15.6 Inch 60 Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/32 GB RAM/512GB SSD/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB/Windows 10)7.2/10 (Expert Score)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H | 6 Core | 12 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 3 GHz | 4 GHz
- RAM: 32GB RAM | DDR4 3200MHz | Dual Channel 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Storage: 512GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 2x M.2 Slots
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile, 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 6 (4000/5000 Series)
- Display: 15.6 Inch | FHD (1920 x 1080) | LG Philips LP156WFC-SPD1 | 60 Hz
- Battery: 66 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.15 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IH-RS53
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 A15 TUF506IH-RS53 is powered by the 6 core AMD Ryzen 5 4600H processor and a GTX 1650 with 4GB of VRAM. The display here is the 60Hz FHD (1920x1080p) panel. Other specs include 32 GB RAM and 512GB SSD. This is a great laptop if you are a professional creator, engineers, or gaming this is a great laptop. But it is still by no amount a perfect laptop.
- pros=”Great Options For Upgradability (2x SO-DIMM Slots | 2x M.2 Slot | 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot)
- Decent Port Selection
- Great Entry Level CPU
- Poor 60Hz Display
- Below-average battery
- Poor Colour Coverage
- No SD Card Reader
- Small Arrow Keys
- No Finger-Print Scanner
Design and Ports
The chassis of the Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IH-RS53 is entirely made out of plastic with a grey back. The design looks considerably better than last year. It has a tuff design except for the lid which wobbles a little. The display maintains a modern design with thin 7mm bezels.
- 1 x 3.5mm COMBO audio jack
- 1x Type-A USB2.0
- 2x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1)
- 1x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2) with display support DP1.4
- 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
- 1x HDMI support 2.0b
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IH-RS53 has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The WASD keys are transparent and get a little extra RGB backlight. The arrow keys are a bit small with the num pad being a little narrow. Overall you will have a good experience while typing and Gaming. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision. The dedicated mouse buttons on the bottom quite clicky and tactile and it is always better to have dedicated buttons.
Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IH-RS53 is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4800H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 10750H. The 4800H should be able to handle professional-level Photo and Video editing workloads. The GTX 1650, on the other hand, is an entry-level GPU with limited potential for GPU intensive tasks such as 3D rendering and Gaming. Now compared to the previous GTX 1650 is about 40 percent more powerful than GTX 1050ti and is about 15 percent slower when compared to GTX 1060. The 512GB SSD of storage should be enough for an average user however for a power user, fortunately, TUF506IH-RS53 has plenty of options for upgradability.
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IH-RS53 gives you a ton of options for upgradability and makes this device relatively future-proof.
- 2x SO-DIMM Slots available for upgrading RAM with maximum support of up to 32GB of RAM.
- 2x M.2 Slots one occupied
- 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot
Display: 60Hz FHD (LG LGD0563)
The FHD panel on the Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IH-RS53 has a 60Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: LG Philips LGD0563 LP156WFC-SPD1
- Coverage: 56% sRGB | 39% AdobeRGB | 40% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.21;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 900:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6900K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.27 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 42 ms
Specification: Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IH-RS53 (15.6 Inch 60 Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/32 GB RAM/512GB SSD/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB/Windows 10)