Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IV-AS76 (15.6 Inch FHD 144Hz/AMD Ryzen 7 4800H/Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB Graphics/16 GB RAM/1TB SSD/Windows 10)8.2/10 (Expert Score)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | 8 Core | 16 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.9 GHz | 4.2 GHz
- RAM: 16GB of RAM | DDR4 3200MHz | Dual Channel 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Storage: 1 TB SSD | 2x M.2 Slots
- GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 Mobile, 6 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 7
- Display: 15.6 Inch | FHD (1920 x 1080) | Panda LM156LF-2F01 | 144Hz
- Battery: 90 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.15 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
3 new from $1,549.00
|View on amazon.com|
|Amazon.ca||C $2,910.95||View on amazon.ca|
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IV-AS76
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IV-AS76 is powered by the 8 core AMD Ryzen 7 4800H processor and a RTX 2060 with 6 GB of VRAM. The display here is the 144Hz FHD (1920x1080p) panel. Other specs include 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD. This is an excellent laptop relatively powereful laptop if you are a professional creator or an engineer with great gaming performence. But it is still by no amount a perfect laptop.
- Great Options For Upgradability (2x SO-DIMM Slots | 2x M.2 Slot)
- Fast 144Hz Display
- Decent Port Selection
- Powerful CPU
- Fast Dual Channel Memory
- Good Battery Life
- No Wi-Fi 6;Single Zone RGB Keyboard
- Poor Colour Coverage
- No SD Card Reader
- Small Arrow Keys
- No Finger-Print Scanner
The chassis of the Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IV-AS76 is entirely made out of plastic and has a black textured finish with a single red stripe. The design here is not a beautiful one but it has tuff design except for the lid which wobbles a little. The display maintains a modern design with thin 7mm bezels. According to Asus, the A15 TUF506IV-AS76 goes through rigorous MIL-STD-810H tests. These tests include Drop, Shake, Humidity, Heat, and Cold.
The Ports selection here is quite basic and has nothing special going for it but at the same time, it has all the essential ports that 95 percent of people need.
- 1 x 3.5mm COMBO audio jack
- 1x Type-A USB2.0
- 2x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1)
- 1x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2) with display support DP1.4
- 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
- 1x HDMI support 2.0b
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 A15 TUF506IV-AS76 has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The WASD keys are transparent and get a little extra RGB backlight. The arrow keys are a bit small with the num pad being a little narrow. Overall you will have a good experience while typing and Gaming. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision. The dedicated mouse buttons on the bottom quite clicky and tactile and it is always better to have dedicated buttons.
TThe Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IV-AS76 is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 10750H. The 4800H should be able to handle professional level Photo and Video editing workloads. The RTX 2060 Mobile performance is similar to that of the GTX 1070 Desktop variant and is just slightly better than the GTX 1660Ti Mobile. The RTX 2060 Mobile is best suited for Gaming at 1080p with ultra settings but we don’t recommend the use of ray tracing for most games. The 1TB SSD of storage should be more than enough for an average user however for a power user, fortunately, TUF506IV-AS76 has plenty of options for upgradability.
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IV-AS76 gives you a ton of options for upgradability and makes this device relatively future proof.
- 2x SO-DIMM Slots available for upgrading RAM with maximum support of up to 32GB of RAM. Both of these slots are occupied with 2x 4GB RAM Running at 3200 MHz.
- 2x M.2 Slots one occupied
Display: 144Hz FHD (LM156LF-2F01)
The FHD panel on the Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IV-AS76 has a 144Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number :LM156LF-2F01
- Coverage: 66% sRGB | 49% AdobeRGB | 49% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.33;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1200:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6485K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.15 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 25 ms
Specification: Asus TUF Gaming A15 TUF506IV-AS76 (15.6 Inch FHD 144Hz/AMD Ryzen 7 4800H/Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB Graphics/16 GB RAM/1TB SSD/Windows 10)