Asus Tuf Gaming A17 TUF706IH-ES75 (17.3 Inch 120Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4800H/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics/16GB RAM/1TB HDD+512GB SSD/Windows 10 Home)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | 8 Core | 16 Threads | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.9 GHz | 4.2 GHz
- RAM: 16GB of RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | Dual Channel 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Storage: 1TB HDD, 512GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 2x M.2 Slots
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile | 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 7
- Display: 17.3 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | BOE NV173FHM-NX1 | 120 Hz
- Battery: 48 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.6 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5
- Laptop Model: Asus Tuf Gaming A17 TUF706IH-ES75
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: ASUS TUF Gaming A17 TUF706IH-ES75
The Asus TUF Gaming A17 TUF706IH-ES75 is powered by the 8 core AMD Ryzen 7 4800H processor and a GTX 1650 with 4GB of VRAM. The display here is the 120Hz FHD (1920x1080p) panel. Other specs include 16GB RAM and 1TB HDD+512GB SSD. This is an excellent laptop if you are a professional creator and engineer or a gamer the issue being its poor display.
- Great Options For Upgradability (2x SO-DIMM Slots | 2x M.2 Slot)
- Fast 120Hz Display
- Powerful 8 Core CPU
- Decent Port Selection
- Large 90 Watt Hour Batter
- Poor Colour Coverage
- No SD Card Reader
- Small Arrow Keys
- No Finger-Print Scanner
Design and Ports
The chassis of the Asus TUF Gaming A17 TUF706IH-ES75 is entirely made out of plastic and has a smooth grey finish and it looks quite good. It has a tuff design except for the lid which wobbles a little this may be due to the thin 7mm thin bezels around the display. The bottom panel can be removed once you remove the 11 Philips head screws. Here you can find the following. The Asus TUF Gaming A17 TUF706IH-ES75 trades its 2.5 inch SATA bay for a larger battery and I have to say it’s a good trade-off.
- 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- 2x M.2 Slots
- WLAN module
- 90 Watt Hour battery
- USB 2.0 Type-A
- Gigabit RJ-45
- HDMI 2.0b
- 2x USB 3.0 Type-A
- USB Type-C 3.2 Gen. 2
- SD Card Reader
- 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus TUF Gaming A17 TUF706IH-ES75 has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The WASD keys are transparent and get a little extra RGB backlight. Considering its size Asus could have gone for bigger arrow keys. The trackpad here is also a rather small one (10.9 x 5.9 cm) but it has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision.
The Asus Tuf Gaming A17 TUF706IH-ES75 is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 10750H and is comparable to i9 9980HK in terms of performance. The 4800H with its 7nm manufacturing process and Zen 2 architecture gives its Intel counterparts a really hard time. The GTX 1650, on the other hand, is an entry-level GPU with limited potential for GPU intensive tasks such as 3D rendering and Gaming. Now compared to the previous GTX 1650 is about 40 percent more powerful than GTX 1050ti and is about 15 percent slower when compared to GTX 1060. The 16GB of RAM and 1 TB HDD + 512GB of SSD storage should be enough for practically anyone percent of the users and you can also add storage very easily on this laptop.
Display: 17.3 Inch 120Hz FHD (BOE NV173FHM-NX1)
The FHD panel on the Asus TUF Gaming A17 TUF706IH-ES75 has a 120Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: BOE NV173FHM-NX1
- Coverage: 60% sRGB | 39% AdobeRGB;
- Measured Gamma: 2.16;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 860:1;
- PWM Flickering: No;
Specification: Asus Tuf Gaming A17 TUF706IH-ES75 (17.3 Inch 120Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4800H/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics/16GB RAM/1TB HDD+512GB SSD/Windows 10 Home)