Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX566LH-HN008T (15.6 Inch 144Hz FHD/10th Gen Intel Core i5 10300H/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics/8GB RAM/512GB SSD/Windows 10)
- CPU: 10th Gen Intel Core i5 10300H | 4 Core | 8 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.5 GHz | 4.5 GHz
- RAM: 8GB RAM | DDR4 2933MHz | Single Channel
- Storage: 512GB SSD
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile | 4 GB VRAM | Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | 144Hz |
- Battery: 48 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Keyboard: Backlit | Chicklet Style
- Weight:2.3 Kg
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Upgradability: 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 2x M.2 Slots | 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Other Features: Bluetooth 5.0, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX566LH-HN008T
Laptop Review: Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX566LH-HN008T
The Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX566LH-HN008T is powered by the 10th Gen Intel Core i5 10300H and Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobilewith 4 GB VRAM and Intel UHD Graphics 630. Other key specs include 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD. The Display here is a 15.6 Inches FHD (1920 x 1080) Panel.
- Great Options For Upgradability (2x SO-DIMM Slots | 2x M.2 Slot | 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot)
- Fast 144Hz Display
- Great Entry Level CPU
- Decent Port Selection
- Average Battery life
- Poor Colour Coverage
- No SD Card Reader
- Small Arrow Keys
- No Finger-Print Scanner
Design and Build Quality
The chassis of the Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX566LH-HN008T has a plastic chassis with a smooth grey finish. The design here is a lot better than other Asus Tuf variants but still has a lot of scope for improvement. The build quality here is solid however the lid wobbles a little. The display maintains a modern design with thin 7mm bezels. According to Asus, the Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX566LH-HN008T goes through rigorous MIL-STD-810H tests. These tests include Drop, Shake, Humidity, Heat, and Cold.
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX566LH-HN008T has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The WASD keys are transparent and get a little extra RGB backlight. The arrow keys are a bit small with the num pad being a little narrow. Overall you will have a good experience while typing and Gaming. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision. The dedicated mouse buttons on the bottom quite clicky and tactile and it is always better to have dedicated buttons.
The Ports selection here is quite basic and has nothing special going for it but at the same time, it has all the essential ports that 95 percent of people need.
- 1 x 3.5mm COMBO audio jack
- 1x Type-A USB2.0
- 2x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1)
- 1x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2) with display support DP1.4
- 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
- 1x HDMI support 2.0b
Display: 144Hz FHD (LM156LF-2F01)
The FHD panel on the Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX566LH-HN008T has a 144Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: LM156LF-2F01
- Coverage: 66% sRGB | 49% AdobeRGB | 49% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.33;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1200:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6485K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.15 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 25 ms;
The Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX566LH-HN008T is powered by the Quad Core 10th Gen Intel Core i5 10300H is a mid-range CPU for gaming laptops. When compared with its predecessor it only sees slight gains in performance and losses to its AMD counterparts in overall performance. However, it is still a mighty CPU and has a single-core performance similar to that of i7 9750H and multi-core performance is comparable to that of i7 8750H. The GTX 1650, on the other hand, is an entry-level GPU with limited potential for GPU intensive tasks such as 3D rendering and Gaming. Now compared to the previous GTX 1650 is about 40 percent more powerful than GTX 1050ti and is about 15 percent slower when compared to GTX 1060. The 512GB SSD of storage should be enough for an average and should give you fast transfer speeds and you can easily fortunately, Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX566LH-HN008T has plenty of options for upgradability which is great since 8GB of RAM in 2020 is average.
TheAsus TUF Gaming F15 FX566LH-HN008T gives you a ton of options for upgradability and makes this device relatively future proof.
- 2x SO-DIMM Slots available for upgrading RAM with a maximum support of up to 32GB of RAM.
- 2x M.2 Slots one occupied
- 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot
Specification: Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX566LH-HN008T (15.6 Inch 144Hz FHD/10th Gen Intel Core i5 10300H/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics/8GB RAM/512GB SSD/Windows 10)