Asus VivoBook 14 X415JA-EK092TS (14 Inch 60Hz FHD/10th Gen Intel Core i3 1005G1/8GB RAM/1TB HDD+128GB SSD/Intel UHD Graphics G1/Windows 10)
- CPU: 10th Gen Intel Core i3 1005G1 | 2 Core | 4 Thread | 4MB Total L3 Cache | 1.2 GHz | 3.4 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | 1x SO-DIMM slot
- Storage: 128 GB SSD, 1TB HDD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 1x M.2 Slot
- GPU: Integrated | Intel UHD Graphics G1
- Display: 14 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | 60 Hz
- Battery: 37 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 1x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 2x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | 1x Micro SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:1.6 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 4.1, Integrated Wi-Fi 5
- Laptop Model: Asus VivoBook 14 X415JA-EK092TS
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: Asus VivoBook 14 X415JA-EK092TS
The Asus VivoBook 14 X415JA-EK092TS is powered by the 10th Gen Intel Core i3 1005G1 and Integrated and Intel UHD Graphics G1. Other key specs include 8GB of RAM and 128 GB SSD, 1TB HDD. The Display here is a 14 Inches FHD (1920 x 1080) Panel.
Asus VivoBook 14 X415JA-EK092TS is powered by 10th Gen Intel Core i3 1005G1 the dual-core processor is a low-end processor for thin and light laptops and is about 10 percent faster than i3 8145U. On the graphics end of the game, Intel UHD Graphics G1 is very capable of handling most of them however when it comes to much heavier workloads such a 3D rendering the UHD graphics G1 is not a good solution. The Intel UHD G1 Graphics should be able to handle most modern games that are not very graphic demanding such as League of Legends, Dota 2, Minecraft, CS: GO, GTA 5, and Fortnite at low settings. The 128GB of SSD storage might not be enough for most users and 8GB of RAM running in dual-channel at 3200 MHz won’t be a reason for bottlenecking for most users.
Design and Ports
The Asus VivoBook 14 X415JA-EK092TS has a plastic chassis. The plastic chassis is quite tough and with very little flex. The display looks absolutely stunning with its stunningly thin bezels of 5.7mm the top bezel is slightly thick because of the webcam which is better than having a nose cam. The bottom hinge is one of the highlights of this device and cleverly hides the bottom bezel. Asus is calling this mechanism the ergo lift which is great for thermals and typing experience. There is a metal support brace underneath the keyboard which further enhances the typing experience and the keyboard feels very solid.
- 1x Micro SD Card Reader
- 2x USB 2.0 (Type A)
- 1x USB 3.1 (Type A)
- 1x USB 3.1 Type C
- Headphones And Audio Jack Combo
- 1x HDMI 1.4
The Asus VivoBook 14 X415JA-EK092TS gives you a few options for upgradeability.
- 1x SO-DIMM Slots available for upgrading RAM
- 1x M.2 Slots one occupied
- 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot available
Keyboard and Trackpad
The chiclet-style keyboard feels solid and has very little flex due to the metal brace and the unibody design. The keys have a comfortable travel distance of 1.4 mm with 3 levels of brightness for its backlight. The trackpad is fairly large and smooth.
Display: Chi Mei CMN14D4 (60Hz FHD)
The FHD panel on the Asus VivoBook 14 X415JA-EK092TS has a 60Hz refresh rate. The display here has one key issue that is PWM flickering under 20 percent brightness which could lead to problems for some users with sensitive eyes. With an average color coverage and below-average brightness and it is not suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: Chi Mei CMN14D4;
- Coverage: 63% sRGB | 40% AdobeRGB
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1420:1;
- PWM Flickering: 250;
- Response Time: 34 ms;
The 37 Watt Hour Battry should last you about 5-6 Hours while casually browsing.
Specification: Asus VivoBook 14 X415JA-EK092TS (14 Inch 60Hz FHD/10th Gen Intel Core i3 1005G1/8GB RAM/1TB HDD+128GB SSD/Intel UHD Graphics G1/Windows 10)