Asus VivoBook 15 F515JA-AH31 (15.6 Inches 60Hz FHD/10th Gen Intel Core i3 1005G1/4GB RAM/128GB SSD/Intel UHD Graphics G1/Windows 10 Home)
- CPU: 10th Gen Intel Core i3 1005G1 | 2 Core | 4 Thread | 4MB Total L3 Cache | 1.2 GHz | 3.4 GHz
- RAM: 4GB RAM | Single Channel 1x SO-DIMM slot
- Storage: 128 GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 1x M.2 Slot
- GPU: Integrated | Intel UHD Graphics G1
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | Chi Mei N156HGA-EA3 | 60 Hz
- Battery: 37 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 1x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 2x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | 1x Micro SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:1.8 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Fingerprint Reader, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: Asus VivoBook 15 F515JA-AH31
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: Asus VivoBook 15 F515JA-AH31
Asus VivoBook 15 F515JA-AH31 is powered by 10th Gen Intel Core i3 1005G1 and Intel UHD Graphics G1 which is paired with 4GB RAM running in single-channel at 3200 MHz and 128GB of m.2 SSD. The 1005G1 CPU and Intel UHD Graphics G1 should be able to handle any of your day-to-day workloads such as video calls, web browsing, PowerPoint, and other productivity applications. However, 4GB of ram can be a bottleneck and 128GB of storage also may not be enough for a lot of users. The display and battery are below average.
- Decent looking Chassis
- Wifi 6
- Decent Port Selection
- Micro SD Card Slot
- Finger-Print Scanner
- Backlit Keyboard
- Only 4GB of RAM
- Below-average battery
- Poor Colour Coverage
- Small Arrow Keys
Design and Build Quality
The chassis of the Asus VivoBook 15 F515JA-AH31 is entirely made out of plastic and has a metallic finish with thin bezels. The design here looks great however the built quality does take a hit because of its plastic chassis and has a noticeable flex at the center of the base and the display panel also wobbles.
The Ports selection here is basic and offers nothing special however at the same time it has practically everything a user might need.
- 1x USB 3.0 (Type C)
- 1x USB 3.0 (Type-A)
- 2x USB 2.0 (Type A)
- 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Micro SD Card Reader
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus VivoBook 15 F515JA-AH31 has a backlit chicklet style keyboard. The keys have a comfortable travel distance of 1.4 mm but it has a significant flex and while typing the key feels a little too soft for our liking. The trackpad is fairly large and smooth with a fingerprint reader on the top. The trackpad has latency issues.
The Asus VivoBook 15 F515JA-AH31 is powered by the 10th Gen Intel Core i3 1005G1 which is slightly more powerful than the i3 10110U. The 1005G1 should be able to handle most of your day-to-day basic workloads such as Browsing, Streaming, and using office productivity software. The Intel UHD Graphics G1, on the other hand, is part of the ice lake Gen 11 series with this combination you can play only a handful of modern games that you can play on it. The 128GB SSD of storage is wont to be enough for most users but you can easily add more storage later same goes for the RAM.
The Asus VivoBook 15 F515JA-AH31 gives you a few options for upgradeability.
- 1x SO-DIMM Slots available for upgrading RAM
- 1x M.2 Slots one occupied
- 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot available
Display: 60Hz FHD ( Chi Mei N156HGA-EA3)
The FHD panel on the Asus VivoBook 15 F515JA-AH31 has a 60Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number:Chi Mei N156HGA-EA3
- Coverage: 58% sRGB | 37% AdobeRGB |
- Measured Gamma: 2.34;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 300:1;
Specification: Asus VivoBook 15 F515JA-AH31 (15.6 Inches 60Hz FHD/10th Gen Intel Core i3 1005G1/4GB RAM/128GB SSD/Intel UHD Graphics G1/Windows 10 Home)