Asus VivoBook S14 M433IA-EB793TS (14-inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4700U/8 GB RAM/512GB SSD/Windows 10/AMD Vega 7 Graphics)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U | 8 Cores | 8 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.3 GHz | 4.1 GHz
- RAM: 8GB RAM | DDR4 2666 MHz | Dual Channel
- Storage: 512GB SSD
- GPU: Integrated | AMD Radeon RX Vega 7
- Display: 14 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | Chi Mei CMN14D4 | 60 Hz
- Battery: 50 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Keyboard: Backlit | Chicklet Style
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 1x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 2x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 1x Micro SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Upgradability: 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 1x M.2 Slot |
- Other Features: Bluetooth 5.0
- Laptop Model: ASUS VivoBook S14 M433IA-EB793TS
Laptop Review: ASUS VivoBook S14 M433IA-EB793TS
The ASUS VivoBook S14 M433IA-EB793TS is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 4700U and AMD Vega 7 Graphics. Other key specs include 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD. The Display here is a 14 Inch FHD Panel. Considering its relatively thin profile this laptop has decent performance and is capable of handling most editing workloads with a little room for entry-level gaming.
Design and Ports
The chassis of the ASUS VivoBook S14 M433IA-EB793TS is made out of plastic but it looks metallic and gives an impression of a premium device. The hinge upon opening lifts the laptop a little for better thermal performance and typing experience.
- 1x 3.5mm Combo Audio Jack
- 2x USB 2.0 Type-A
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C
- 1x Micro SD card reader
Keyboard and Trackpad
The ASUS VivoBook S14 M433IA-EB793TS has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The keyspace is perfect however the keys themselves feel a bit soft and lack a bit of a click. The trackpad on the other hand is smooth and precise.
The ASUS VivoBook S14 M433IA-EB793TS comes with octa-core ryzen 7 4700U CPU which in terms of performance sits between 10th gen i7 1065G7 and 9th Gen intel core i7 9750H. The AMD Radeon RX Vega 7 (Ryzen 4000 series) graphics are about 28% percent faster than the last-gen Vega 10 (2000/3000 series). When compared to its Nvidia counterparts the Vega 7 around Mx250 in terms of performance. The RAM is a relatively fast 8GB 3200 MHz DDR4 running in dual-channel memory which is soldered onto the motherboard which can be a bit limiting for some people. The Storage, on the other hand, is configured with 512GB Intel 660p PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD with one m.2 SSD slot available for SSD expansion.
Display: Chi Mei CMN14D4 (60Hz FHD)
The FHD panel on the ASUS VivoBook S14 M433IA-EB793TS has a 60Hz refresh rate. The display here has one key issue that is PWM flickering under 20 percent brightness which could lead to problems for some users with sensitive eyes. With an average color coverage and below-average brightness and it is not suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: Chi Mei CMN14D4;
- Coverage: 63% sRGB | 40% AdobeRGB
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1420:1;
- PWM Flickering: 250;
- Response Time: 34 ms
Battery and Power Supply: 50 Watt Hour | 3 Cell Lithium-Ion
According to Asus, the Vivobook S14 M433IA-EB793TS should achieve about 12 hours under mixed usage. The power adapter here has a power supply of 45 Watt and with its fast charging, it should be able to achieve 60% charge in 49 minutes.
Specification: Asus VivoBook S14 M433IA-EB793TS (14-inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4700U/8 GB RAM/512GB SSD/Windows 10/AMD Vega 7 Graphics)