HP Omen 15-en0002AX 193D3PA (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD|AMD Ryzen 5 4600H|8GB RAM|512GB SSD|Windows 10|NVIDIA GTX 1660ti 6GB Graphics)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H | 6 Cores | 12 Threads | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 3.2 GHz of Base Clock | 4 GHz
- RAM: 8GB RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | Single Channel
- Storage: 512GB SSD
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660Ti Mobile | 6 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 6
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | 60 Hz | LQ173M1JW03
- Battery: 66 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Keyboard: Backlit | Chicklet Style
- Weight:2.7 Kg
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 3x USB 3.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | Mini-DisplayPort | 200 Watt Adapter | SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Upgradability: 3x M.2 Slots | 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Other Features: Bluetooth 5.0, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: HP Omen 15-en0002AX
Laptop Review: HP Omen 15-en0002AX 193D3PA (Omen 2020)
The HP Omen 15-en0002AX is powered by the 6 core AMD Ryzen 5 4600H processor and a GTX 1660Ti with 6GB of VRAM. The display here is the 60Hz FHD (1920x1080p) panel. Other specs include 8 GB RAM and 512GB SSD. This is a great laptop if you are a professional creator and engineer. That being said it has excellent gaming performance unfortunately it only has a 60Hz Display.
- Good Options For Upgradability (2x SO-DIMM Slots | 2x M.2 Slot)
- Great Entry Level CPU
- Backlit Keyboard
- Fast Dual Channel Memory
- Decent Battery Life
- 144Hz Display
- 95 percent sRGB Colour coverage
- Great Battery Life
- Below Avg port selection
- No Finger-Print Scanner
Design and Build Quality
The HP Omen 15-en0002AX has a sleek design and uses a combination of aluminum and plastic. The chassis feels quite tough with very little flex and measures at 35.8 x 24 x 2.3 Cm. The design is aesthetically pleasing and you can take it out comfortably during meetings.
- 1x USB Type-C
- 3x USB Type-A 3.0
- 1x Mini DisplayPort
- 1x HDMI 2.0a
- 1x RJ-45 Ethernet Jack
- SD Card Reader
- 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
Keyboard and Trackpad
The HP Omen 15-en0002AX has a chicklet-style backlit keyboard. The keys have a clear actuation point with a little flex and you will have decent tying experience. The Keyboard here lacks a Numpad section. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision.
The HP Omen 15-en0002AX is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 9750H. The 4600H should be able to handle most of your active workloads of Photo and Video editing or any other CPU-intensive task the only bottleneck here being the 8GB of RAM which you can easily upgrade. The GPU here is an upper midrange GTX 1660Ti with GB of dedicated graphics memory though it is true that you may not be as powerful as its 20 series RTX counterparts however I don’t think so there is any game that would be unplayable. The 512GB SSD of storage should be enough for an average user however for a power user, fortunately, HP Omen 15-en0002AX has plenty of options for upgradability.
The HP Omen 15-en0002AX gives you a ton of options for upgradability and makes this device relatively future-proof.
- 2x SO-DIMM Slots available for upgrading RAM with maximum support of up to 32GB of RAM. Both of these slots are occupied with 2x 4GB RAM Running at 3200 MHz.
- 2x M.2 Slots one of which is occupied
The IPS panel display operates at 1920×1080 with a 60 Hz refresh rate with a maximum brightness of 250 nits being and an sRGB rating of 60% the optimal viewing distance is over 60 cm or 24 inches.
Specification: HP Omen 15-en0002AX 193D3PA (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD|AMD Ryzen 5 4600H|8GB RAM|512GB SSD|Windows 10|NVIDIA GTX 1660ti 6GB Graphics)