HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec2004AX (15.6 Inch FHD 144Hz/AMD Ryzen 5 5600H/8GB RAM/512GB SSD/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics/Windows 10 Home)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H | 6 Core | 12 Thread | 16MB of L3 Cache | 3.3 GHz | 4.2 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 3200MHz | Single Channel 2x DIMM slot
- Storage: 512GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 1x M.2 Slot
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 6
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | 144Hz
- Battery: 52.5 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 1x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.08 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec2004AX
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
- POWER TO DO IT ALL - Take on everything with a high performance AMD processor and advanced graphics. A FHD resolution display with fast refresh rate delivers smooth gameplay visuals, while also bringing entertainment and content to life.
Laptop Review: HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec2004AX
The HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec2004AX is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 5600H and Nvidia GTX 1650 4 GB VRAM and AMD Radeon RX Vega 6. Other key specs include 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD. The Display here is a 15.6 Inches FHD (1920 x 1080) Panel.
Design and Ports
The HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec2004AX has a black plastic chassis with a smooth finish and an angular design. The hinge also has an angular design and can be opened with one hand to a maximum angle of 130 degrees however, is a fingerprint magnet. In terms of looks, it has a minimalist look and you won’t feel uncomfortable taking it out in a professional setting. The speaker grill sits above the keyboard with hexagonal patterns which is a nice touch.
The port selection here is nothing special but it’s nice to have an SD card slot.
1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 1x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
Keyboard and Trackpad
The HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec2004AX has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The keys have a clear actuation point with a little flex and you will have decent tying experience. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision.
The HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec2004AX is powered by the Ryzen 5 5600H trades blow with the 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10875H and is significantly more powerful than the 11th Gen intel core i5 11400H and 11300H. The key bottleneck here is the 8GB of single-channel 3200MHz RAM which you can easily upgrade. The GTX 1650Ti, on the other hand, is an entry-level GPU with limited potential for GPU-intensive tasks such as 3D rendering and Gaming. Now compared to the previous GTX 1650Ti is about 10 percent more powerful than GTX 1650 and is about 5 percent slower when compared to GTX 1060. The 512GB SSD of storage should be enough for an average user however for a power user, fortunately, HP Pavilion Gaming has plenty of options for upgradability.
Display: 144Hz FHD (LG Philips LGD05FE)
The FHD panel on the HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec2004AX has a 144Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has decent color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: LG Philips LGD05FE
- Coverage: 95% sRGB | 61% AdobeRGB
- Measured Gamma: 2.31;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 820:1;
- Black on max brightness: 0.42 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
Specification: HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec2004AX (15.6 Inch FHD 144Hz/AMD Ryzen 5 5600H/8GB RAM/512GB SSD/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics/Windows 10 Home)