HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1010nr (15.6 Inch FHD 60 Hz/AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/NVIDIA GTX 1650 4GB/8 GB RAM/512GB SSD/Windows 10)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H | 6 Core | 12 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 4 GHz | 3.2 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | Single Channel 2x DIMM slot
- Storage: 512GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 1x M.2 Slot
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile | 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 6
- Display: 15.6 Inches | Touchscreen | FHD (1920 x 1080) | Chi Mei CMN150D | 60 Hz
- Battery: 52.5 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 1x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | Mini-DisplayPort | SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.08 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1010nr
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (1 X 8 GB)
- Display: 15.6-inch diagonal FHD, IPS, anti-glare, micro-edge, WLED-backlit
- 1-year limited warranty
Laptop Review: HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1010nr
The HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1010nr is powered by the 6 core AMD Ryzen 5 4600H processor and a GTX 1650 with 4 GB of VRAM. The display here is the 60Hz FHD (1920x1080p) panel. Other specs include 8 GB RAM and 512GB SSD. This is a great laptop if you are a professional creator, engineer, or gaming this is a great laptop.
The HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1010nr is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 9750H. The 4600H should be able to handle most of your active workloads of Photo and Video editing or any other CPU-intensive task the only bottleneck here being the 8GB of RAM which you can easily upgrade.
- Good Options For Upgradability (2x SO-DIMM Slots | 1x M.2 Slot | 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot)
- Great Entry Level CPU
- Backlit Keyboard
- Decent Port Selection
- Fast Dual Channel Memory
- Decent Battery Life
- Great Design
- Poor Colour Coverage
- Slow 60Hz Display
- No Finger-Print Scanner
Design and Ports
The HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1010nr has a black plastic chassis with a smooth finish and an angular design. The hinge also has an angular design and can be opened with one hand to a maximum angle of 130 degrees however, is a fingerprint magnet. In terms of looks, it has a minimalist look and you won’t feel uncomfortable taking it out in a professional setting. The speaker grill sits above the keyboard with hexagonal patterns which is a nice touch.
The port selection here is nothing special but it’s nice to have an SD card slot.
1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 1x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
Keyboard and Trackpad
The HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1010nr has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The keys have a clear actuation point with a little flex and you will have decent tying experience. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision.
Display: 60Hz FHD (Chi Mei CMN150D)
The FHD panel on the HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1010nr has a 60Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has decent color coverage and below-average brightness and not suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: Chi Mei CMN150D
- Coverage: 62% sRGB | 39% AdobeRGB
- Measured Gamma: 2.23;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1731:1;
- PWM Flickering: No;
Specification: HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1010nr (15.6 Inch FHD 60 Hz/AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/NVIDIA GTX 1650 4GB/8 GB RAM/512GB SSD/Windows 10)