Lenovo IdeaPad 3 81W4000AUS (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 5 4500U/8GB RAM/1TB HDD/AMD Radeon Vega 6 Graphics/Windows 10)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | 6 Core | 6 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.3 GHz | 4 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 2666 MHz | Dual Channel 1x SO-DIMM slot
- Storage: 1TB HDD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 1x M.2 Slot
- GPU: Integrated | AMD Radeon RX Vega 6
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | 60 Hz
- Battery: 35 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | 65 Watt Power Adapter | SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Chicklet Style | Weight:1.7 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5
- Laptop Model: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ARE05 81W4000AUS
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ARE05 81W4000AUS
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ARE05 81W4000AUS is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4500U and Integrated and AMD Radeon RX Vega 6. Other key specs include 8GB of RAM and 1TB HDD. The Display here is a 15.6 Inches FHD (1920 x 1080) Panel.
Pros and Cons.
- Great Options For RAM Upgradability with 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Great Entry Level CPU
- SD Card Reader
- Dual-Channel Memory
- Good Design
- Poor Colour Coverage
- Small Arrow Keys
- No Finger-Print Scanner
Design and Build Quality
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ARE05 81W4000AUS has a plastic chassis with a metallic finish. The Design looks premium but the build quality feels a bit flimsy. The hinge upon opening lifts the base of the laptop this gives the laptop better thermal performance and typing experience. The Weight here is 1.7 Kg which is relatively light making it easy to carry. The bezels here quite thin makes the device look quite modern.
Ports selection on the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ARE05 81W4000AUS is not that good.
- 1x HDMI
- 2x USB 3.2 Type A
- 1x USB 2.0 Type A
- SD card reader
- 3.5 mm audio jack
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ARE05 81W4000AUS is powered by the 6 core ryzen 5 4500U which is slightly more powerful than the 10th gen i7 1065G7. The 4500U should be able to handle most of your active workloads of Photo and Video editing or any other CPU-intensive task without a problem through the ram can prove to be a bottleneck you can easily upgrade it without any problem 8GB of RAM which you can easily upgrade. The Vega 6 graphics, on the other hand, has very limited gaming potential but considering it is only an entry-level GPU and competes with the likes of Nvidia’s Mx230 and Mx150 in terms of performance. The 1TB HDD of storage should be enough for an average user, but it is slow but you can easily upgrade it.
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ARE05 81W4000AUS keyboard has chicklet style keys with no backlight. The key travel is short but the keys themselves feel tactile. The trackpad, on the other hand, is smooth and precise though it is a bit small it works perfectly.
The FHD panel on the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ARE05 81W4000AUS has a 60Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an below average color coverage and below-average brightness.
- Panel Model Number: AU Optronics B156HAN02.1
- Coverage: 53% sRGB
- Max brightness: 220 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 500:1;
Specification: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 81W4000AUS (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 5 4500U/8GB RAM/1TB HDD/AMD Radeon Vega 6 Graphics/Windows 10)