Lenovo IdeaPad 3 81W40019US (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4700U/512GB SSD/8GB RAM/Windows 10/AMD 7 Vega Graphics) USA
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U | 8 Core | 8 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2 GHz | 4.1 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 2666 MHz | Dual Channel 1x SO-DIMM slot
- Storage: 512GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 1x M.2 Slot
- GPU: Integrated | AMD Radeon RX Vega 7
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | 60 Hz
- Battery: 45 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | 65 Watt Power Adapter | SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Chicklet Style | Weight:1.7 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5
- Laptop Model: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 81W40019US
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 81W40019US
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 81W40019US is powered by the 8 core AMD Ryzen 7 4700U and AMD Vega 7 Graphics. Other key specs include 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD. The Display here is a 15.6 Inches FHD Panel. Consider its relatively thin profile this laptop has decent performance and is capable of handling most editing workloads with a little room for entry-level gaming.
- Decent Port Selection
- Powerful CPU for a thin and light laptop
- Fast Ryzen 4000 APU
- Stays Relatively Cool
- Average Display
- No USB C
- Dim display
- No Backlight
- Plastic Chassis
- No Fingerprint Reader
Design and Build Quality
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 81W40019US has a plastic chassis with a metallic finish. The Design looks premium but the build quality feels a bit flimsy. The hinge upon opening lifts the base of the laptop this gives the laptop better thermal performance and typing experience. The Weight here is 1.7 Kg which is relatively light making it easy to carry. The bezels here quite thin makes the device look quite modern.
Ports selection on the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 81W40019US is not that good.
- 1x HDMI
- 2x USB 3.2 Type A
- 1x USB 2.0 Type A
- SD card reader
- 3.5 mm audio jack
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 81W40019US comes with octa-core ryzen 7 4700U CPU which in terms of performance sits between 10th gen i7 1065G7 and 9th Gen intel core i7 9750H. The AMD Radeon RX Vega 7 (Ryzen 4000 series) graphics are about 28% percent faster than the last-gen Vega 10 (2000/3000 series). When compared to its Nvidia counterparts the Vega 7 is around Mx250 in terms of performance. The RAM here is 8GB which can be a bit limiting for some people. The Storage, on the other hand, is configured with 512GB SSD which should be enough for most users.
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 81W40019US keyboard has chicklet style keys with no backlight. The key travel is short but the keys themselves feel tactile. The trackpad, on the other hand, is smooth and precise though it is a bit small it works perfectly.
The FHD panel on the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 81W40019US has a 60Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness.
- Panel Model Number: AU Optronics B156HAN02.1
- Coverage: 53% sRGB
- Max brightness: 220 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 500:1;
Specification: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 81W40019US (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4700U/512GB SSD/8GB RAM/Windows 10/AMD 7 Vega Graphics) USA