Lenovo IdeaPad 5 81YQ0003US (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4700U/256GB SSD/8GB RAM/Windows 10/AMD Vega 7 Graphics)5.9/10 (Expert Score)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U | 8 Core | 8 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2 GHz | 4.1 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 3200MHz |
- Storage: 256GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 1x M.2 Slot
- GPU: Integrated | AMD Radeon RX Vega 7
- Display: 15.6 Inch | FHD (1920 x 1080) | Innolux N156HGA-EA3 | 60 Hz
- Battery: 57 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | HDMI | SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:1.66 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
4 new from $733.60
2 used from $599.00
|View on amazon.com|
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: Lenovo IdeaPad 5 81YQ0003US (A well balanced and powerful thin and light laptop)
The Lenovo IdeaPad 5 81YQ0003US is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 4700U and Integrated and AMD Radeon RX Vega 7. Other key specs include 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD. The Display here is a 15.6 Inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Panel.
Design and Build Quality
The Lenovo IdeaPad 5 81YQ0003US uses a combination of plastic and aluminum for its chassis with a rubberized finish. The Device looks beautiful though the top of device could have been a little more sturdy.
Ports selection on the Lenovo IdeaPad 5 81YQ0003US retively basic with a type C charging available.
1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | HDMI | SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Lenovo IdeaPad 5 81YQ0003US keyboard has chicklet-style keys with a backlight. The U-shaped keys have short key travel with a clear actuation point. So the typing experience here should be great. The trackpad on the other hand is smooth and precise with a decent size of 10.5 x 7 cm making it one of the better trackpads out there.
The Lenovo IdeaPad 5 81YQ0003US comes with octa-core ryzen 7 4700U CPU which in terms of performance sits between 10th gen i7 1065G7 and 9th Gen intel core i7 9750H. The AMD Radeon RX Vega 7 (Ryzen 4000 series) graphics are about 28% percent faster than the last-gen Vega 10 (2000/3000 series). When compared to its Nvidia counterparts the Vega 7 around Mx250 in terms of performance.
The FHD panel on the Lenovo IdeaPad 5 81YQ0003US has a 60Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: AU Optronics B156HAN02.1
- Coverage: 65% sRGB | 48% AdobeRGB | 48% DCI P3;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 800:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6485K;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 25 ms
Specification: Lenovo IdeaPad 5 81YQ0003US (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 7 4700U/256GB SSD/8GB RAM/Windows 10/AMD Vega 7 Graphics)