Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 14 2in1 81X5GH2HUS (14 inch 60Hz FHD Touchscreen/AMD Ryzen 3 4300U/4GB RAM/128GB SSD/Windows 10/AMD Vega 5 Graphics)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 4300U | 4 Core | 4 Thread | 6MB of L3 Cache | 2.7 GHz | 3.7 GHz
- RAM: 4GB RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | Single Channel
- Storage: 128 GB SSD | 1x M.2 Slot
- GPU: Integrated | AMD Radeon RX Vega 5
- Display: 14 Inches | Touchscreen | FHD (1920 x 1080) | AU Optronics B140HAN04.E | 60 Hz
- Battery: 52 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | HDMI | 65 Watt Power Adapter | SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:1.5 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Touchscreen, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 2in1 81X5GH2HUS
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 2in1 81X5GH2HUS
The Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 2in1 81X5GH2HUS is powered by the AMD Ryzen 3 4300U and Integrated with AMD Radeon RX Vega 5. Other key specs include 4GB RAM and 128 GB SSD. The Display here is a 14 Inches FHD (1920 x 1080) Panel.
The Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 2in1 81X5GH2HUS is a portable powerhouse thanks to its 6 core which makes it is a great laptop for creative professionals.
The Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 2in1 81X5GH2HUS comes with quad-core ryzen 3 4300U CPU which is comparable if not better than the intel core i5 8250U. On the graphics end of the game, the Vega 5 GPU competes with Nvidia Mx130 in terms of performance. The RAM here also is quite fast running at 3200MHz though it has only 4GB of RAM which is soldered onto the motherboard which can be limiting as it doesn’t have any options for upgrading the storage here, on the other hand, is a fast 512GB M.2 SSD as a storage module.
All of these things combined make it a low-end system but well-balanced one. The only problem is that there is no option for expanding ram.
Design and Ports:
The aluminum chassis on the Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 2in1 81X5GH2HUS has a relatively thin profile and is very light making it great for carrying. However, it is still a little heavy for using the tablet mode comfortably.
Once you remove the base you can find the following slots for upgrading:
- 1x M.2 slot
- 1x 3.5mm combo audio jack
- SD Card Reader
- 2x USB 3.0 Type-A
- 1x USB 3.0 Type-C
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 2in1 81X5GH2HUS has a chicklet style keyboard with 2 stages of brightness levels. The keys are flat and shallow which can make the typing experience slightly difficult if you have big hands. The trackpad here is of average size (10.5 x 6.3 cm). The surface of the trackpad is smooth and quite clicky.
Display: 60Hz FHD (AU Optronics B140HAN04.E)
The FHD panel on the Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 2in1 81X5GH2HUS has a 60Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: AU Optronics B140HAN04.E
- Coverage: 56% sRGB | 36% AdobeRGB;
- Measured Gamma: 2.32;
- Max brightness: 360 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 880:1;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 28 ms;
Specification: Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 14 2in1 81X5GH2HUS (14 inch 60Hz FHD Touchscreen/AMD Ryzen 3 4300U/4GB RAM/128GB SSD/Windows 10/AMD Vega 5 Graphics)