Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i 81Y400DXIN (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/10th Gen Intel Core i5 10300H/8GB RAM/1TB HDD + 256GB SSD/Windows 10/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics)
- CPU: 10th Gen Intel Core i5 10300H | 4 Core | 8 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.5 GHz | 4.5 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 2933MHz | Single Channel 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Storage: 1TB HDD, 256GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 1x M.2 Slot
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile | 4 GB VRAM | Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | B156HAN02.1 | 60 Hz
- Battery: 45 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.2 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i 81Y400DXIN
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i 81Y400DXIN
The Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i 81Y400DXIN is powered by the 10th Gen Intel Core i5 10300H and Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobilewith 4 GB VRAM and Intel UHD Graphics 630. Other key specs include 8GB of RAM and 1TB HDD, 256GB SSD. The Display here is a 15.6 Inches 60 Hz FHD (1920 x 1080) Panel.
TheLenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i 81Y400DXIN gives you a ton of options for upgradability and makes this device relatively future proof.
- 2x SO-DIMM
- 1x M.2 Slots
- 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot
Design and Build Quality
The chassis of the Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i 81Y400DXIN is made out of plastic with a smooth finish around the keyboard area and lid’s back with the bottom of the base and bezels have a rough finish. In terms of build quality, the device feels solid with the base unit having a slight flex but nothing out of the ordinary the same goes for the lid.
The ports on the Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i 81Y400DXIN has all the essential ports and should be enough for most users. Though there are no ports that may give it a little extra functionality like the thunderbolt 3.
- 1x USB 3.0 (Type C)
- 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A)
- Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack
- 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
Keyboard and Trackpad
Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i 81Y400DXIN comes with the U-shaped chicklet style keys found on the Lenovo business laptops with 2 stage blue backlight. The keys here have a clear actuation point with the right resistance. The number pad however comes with narrow keys. The trackpad here which measures it at about 10.6 x 7 cm is large enough to perform gestures without any issues. However, it would have been great if Lenovo would have given us dedicated mouse buttons.
The Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i 81Y400DXIN is powered by the Quad Core 10th Gen Intel Core i5 10300H is a mid-range CPU for gaming laptops. When compared with its predecessor it only sees slight gains in performance and losses to its AMD counterparts in overall performance. However, it is still a mighty CPU and has a single-core performance similar to that of i7 9750H and multi-core performance is comparable to that of i7 8750H.
Display: 60Hz FHD (AU Optronics B156HAN02.1)
The FHD panel on the Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i 81Y400DXIN has a 60Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and is suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: AU Optronics B156HAN02.1
- Coverage: 56% sRGB | 36% AdobeRGB;
- Max brightness: 260 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1150:1;
- Gamma: 2.53
- Response Time: 25 ms;
Specification: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i 81Y400DXIN (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/10th Gen Intel Core i5 10300H/8GB RAM/1TB HDD + 256GB SSD/Windows 10/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics)