Lenovo Legion 5 82B500BHIN (15.6 Inch 120Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/8GB RAM/1TB HDD+256GB SSD/Windows 10/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H | 6 Core | 12 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 4 GHz | 3.2 GHz
- RAM: 8GB RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | Single Channel
- Storage: 1TB HDD
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile | 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 6
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | 120 Hz | BOE CQ NV156FHM-NX1
- Battery: 60 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Keyboard: Backlit | Chicklet Style
- Weight:2.3 Kg
- Ports: 2x USB 3.0 Type-C | 4x USB 3 Type-A | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Upgradability: 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 1x M.2 Slot | 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Other Features: Bluetooth 5.0, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: Lenovo Legion 5 82B500BHIN
Laptop Review: Lenovo Legion 5 82B500BHIN
The Lenovo Legion 5 82B500BHIN is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H and Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobilewith 4 GB VRAM and AMD Radeon RX Vega 6. Other key specs include 8GB RAM and 1TB HDD. The Display here is a 15.6 Inches FHD (1920 x 1080) Panel.
- Great Options For Upgradability (2x SO-DIMM Slots | 2x M.2 Slot | 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot)
- Fast 120Hz Display
- Powerful CPU
- Excellent Port Selection
- Excellent Built Quality
- No SD Card Reader
- Poor Colour Reproduction
- No Thunderbolt 3 Port
The Lenovo Legion 5 82B500BHIN is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 9750H. The 4600H should be able to handle most of your active workloads of Photo and Video editing or any other CPU-intensive task the only bottleneck here being the 8GB of RAM which you can easily upgrade. The GTX 1650, on the other hand, is an entry-level GPU with limited potential for GPU-intensive tasks such as 3D rendering and Gaming. Now compared to the previous GTX 1650 is about 40 percent more powerful than GTX 1050ti and is about 15 percent slower when compared to GTX 1060. The 1TB HDD+256GB SSD should be enough for most users which can also be upgraded.
Design and Ports
Lenovo Legion 5 82B500BHIN has full plastic body construction but does not look or feel cheap but as a matter of fact, it looks and feels premium. The top lid has a matte finish that won’t attract fingerprints and with its minimal design blends well into an office setting. The display has a little flex especially when being opened with only one hand. Lenovo has gone for the webcam (nose cam) below the display to achieve the narrow bezels. The hinges hold the display firmly in its place and allow an opening angle of 180 degrees. The Design is very similar to its predecessor the legion y540.
- 1x 3.5mm combo audio jack
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
- 4x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
- 1x Type C USB 3.2 Gen 2
- 1x HDMI 2.0b
- RJ45 ethernet jack
Display: 120Hz FHD (BOE CQ NV156FHM-NX1)
The FHD panel on the Lenovo Legion 5 82B500BHIN has a 120Hz Refresh rate with no issues and is overall a great display.
- Panel Model Number: BOE CQ NV156FHM-NX1
- Coverage: 57% sRGB | 37% AdobeRGB;
- Max brightness: 300 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1160:1;
- Response Time: 17 ms;
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Lenovo Legion 5 82B500BHIN has a chiclet-style backlit keyboard. The keys have 2 stages of white backlight and U Shaped keys. The keys are tactile and have a very clear actuation point. The trackpad is small smooth and precise with no issues.
The Lenovo Legion 5 82B500BHIN gives you a ton of options for upgradability and makes this device relatively future-proof.
- 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- 2x M.2 Slots one occupied
- 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot
Specification: Lenovo Legion 5 82B500BHIN (15.6 Inch 120Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/8GB RAM/1TB HDD+256GB SSD/Windows 10/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics)