Acer Aspire 5 A515-56T-574E (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/11th Gen Intel Core i5 1135G7/8GB RAM/512GB SSD/Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7/Windows 10)6/10 (Expert Score)
- CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core i5 1135G7 | 4 Core | 8 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.4 GHz | 4.2 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 3200MHz | Single Channel 1x SO-DIMM slot
- Storage: 512GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 1x M.2 Slot
- GPU: Integrated | Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7 80EUs
- Display: 15.6 Inch | FHD (1920 x 1080) | LG Philips LGD065A | 60 Hz
- Battery: 48.85 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:1.9 Kg, 1.91 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
2 new from $1,498.98
|View on amazon.com|
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: Acer Aspire 5 A515-56T-574E
The Acer Aspire 5 A515-56T-574E is powered by the 11th Gen Intel Core i5 1135G7 and Integrated with Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7 80EUs. Other key specs include 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD. The Display here is a 15.6 Inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Panel.
The Acer Aspire 5 A515-56T-574E comes with the 11th Gen Intel Core i5 1135G7 CPU is slightly better than Ryzen 5 4500U and slightly slower compared to Ryzen 5 4600U. When compared to the 10th Gen intel core i7 1065G7 which is the fastest 15-watt ice lake CPU the tiger lake i5 1135G7 comes out on top. On the graphics end of the game, the Intel Xe Graphics competes with Nvidia Mx230 in terms of performance. The RAM and Storage here is configured with a Single Channel DDR4 3200MHz 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD.
This is overall a well-balanced a thin and light laptop.
Design and Build Quality
The Acer Aspire 5 A515-56T-574E has a well built plastic and aluminum chassis. The top lid is made out of aluminum, thanks to this the display doesn’t wobble and has no flex issues. The base of the chassis also feels solid even though it is made out of plastic. The hinge on the other hand has a maximum opening angle of 140 degrees.
Acer Aspire 5 A515-56T-574E still lacks the support for the SD card.
- 1x USB 3.0 (Type-C)
- 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A)
- 1x USB 2.0 (Type A)
- Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack
- 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
Keyboard and Trackpad
The keyboard on the Acer Aspire 5 A515-56T-574E is just average. The keys here are relatively small with a clear actuation point. The keyboard has just a single stage backlighting.
The trackpad here is smooth and reliable though it feels a little loose while clicking. The trackpad features a fingerprint scanner.
The FHD panel on the Acer Aspire 5 A515-56T-574E has a 60Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has a below-average color coverage and brightness.
- Panel Model Number:LG Philips LGD065A
- Coverage: 57% sRGB | 36% AdobeRGB;
- Max brightness: 255 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 890:1;
- PWM Flickering: No;
Specification: Acer Aspire 5 A515-56T-574E (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/11th Gen Intel Core i5 1135G7/8GB RAM/512GB SSD/Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7/Windows 10)