12th Gen Intel Core i9 12900
- iGPU: Intel UHD Graphics 770
- Boost/Base Clock: 3.8GHz (E-Cores), 5.1GHz (P-Cores) / 1.8GHz (E-Cores), 2.4 GHz(P-Cores)
- Core/Thread Count: 16 Core / 24 Thread
- Cache: 1.25 MB of level 1 cache + 14 MB of level 2 cache + 30 MB of Level 3 Cache
- TDP: 200 Watts (PL2 TDP), 65 Watts (PL1 TDP)
- Memory Speed: DDR4 3200MHz, DDR5 4800MHz, LPDDR4X 4266MHz, LPDDR5 5200MHz
- CPU Socket: LGA1700
- CPU Transistor size: 10 Nanometers
- CPU Series: Alder Lake
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Intel Core i9 12900 | Review
launched in March of 2022, i9 12900 by Intel is a part of its 12th Generation Alder lake lineup for high-end desktops and workstations. It is powered by 8 high-power cores (Golden Cove Cores) and 8 power-efficient cores (Gracemont Cores) with the power-efficient Gracemont cores having a base clock of 1.8 GHz and a boost clock of 3.8GHz on the other hand the high-performance golden cove cores have a base clock of 2.4 GHz and a boost clock of 5.1 GHz. Based on Intel’s 10 nanometers architecture intel claims an IPC (instructions per cycle) gain of 19% compared to its predecessor Rocket Lake. According to Intel the base TDP (PL1) of the i9 12900 is 65 Watts and can be boosted up to TDP (PL2) of 200 Watts. Other key features include support for DDR4/DDR5 memory and overclocking support.
Intel UHD Graphics Xe 770
Intel UHD Graphics Xe 770 is based on intel’s Alder Lake GT1 10 nm Xe architecture powered by 256 shading units, 16 texture mapping units, and 8 ROPs. In terms of performance, it is very similar to its predecessor Intel UHD Graphics Xe 750 and is capable of playing games such as Apex legends at 40+ FPS at 720p and GTA 5 at 30+ FPS at low settings.
Specification: 12th Gen Intel Core i9 12900