12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U | Review
Launched in January of 2022, 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U is a high-end laptop processor powered by 2 performance cores with 4 threads and 8 efficiency cores with 8 threads. The performance core has a base clock of 1.8 GHz and a boost clock of 4.8 GHz the efficiency cores, on the other hand, have a base clock of 1.3GHz and a boost clock of 3.6GHz. 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U is based on the 10 nm architecture and has a base TDP of 15 watts and can go up to 55 Watts. It also supports new faster DDR5 memory of up to 4800MHz and low-power LPDDR5 5200MHz while also supporting DDR4 memory of up to 3200MHz and low-power LPDDR4X 4267MHz. Other Key Features Include Intel Iris Xe Graphics 96EUs and support for USB 4 (40Gbps).
How is 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U
12th Gen Intel CPUs see an average IPC gain of 19 percent the higher IPC allows the Alder lake CPUs more performance at the same clock speed. 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U in terms of performance is 15 percent faster than 11th Gen intel core i7 1165G7 in single-core performance and 40 percent faster in multi-core performance. AMD Ryzen 7 6800U is 10 percent slower in single-core performance and 15 faster in multi-core performance that being said the iGPU on AMD Ryzen 7 6800U has vastly better-integrated graphics.
12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U is powered by Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7 96EUs. Based on Intel’s 12th Gen Xe architecture Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7 96EUs features 96 Execution Units, 768 Shader Units, 48 TMUs, and 24 ROPs. The performance of the Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7 96EUs Graphics depends on a number of factors such as the configured TDP, Clock Speed, Cooling Solution, and RAM configuration. The integrated GPU greatly benefits from fast dual-channel memory.
How is 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U for gaming
The real performance of the Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7 96EUs is similar to that of the Mx350 in terms of gaming. This means you should be able to play titles such as GTA 5 at 60 FPS at (1366×768) and Fortnite at 50+ FPS at (1280×720).
Blender is an open-source digital content creation software for 3D-Modeling, Animation, Rendering, Video Editing & Compositing Solutions on the market. Blender has its own benchmarks and is used to measure the rendering capabilities of a CPU or GPU. The following bars indicate the time taken to render a scene ( Less is better).
Cinebench R23 | Benchmark
The Cinebench R23 benchmark is the updated version of Cinebench R20 now with AVX instruction set support based on Cinema 4D. Cinebench R23 Single-core benchmark measures the responsiveness of the software under the active workload. The multi-core benchmark on the other hand measures the CPU’s ability to handle tasks such as rendering, encoding, and other workloads that benefit from better multi-threaded performance.
- 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U vs AMD Ryzen 7 6800U
- 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U vs Apple M1
- 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1270P vs 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U
- 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1270P vs 11th Gen Intel Core i7 1185G7
- 12th Gen Intel Core i5 1250P vs 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U
- Apple M2 vs 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U
- 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1260P vs 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U
Laptops Powered by 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U
- Dell Latitude 9000 9430 2in1 (14 Inch 60Hz (2560×1600) Touchscreen/12th Gen Intel Core I7 1265U/32GB RAM/512GB SSD/Windows 11/Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7) Specs | Review
- Dell Latitude 5000 5330 2in1 (13.3 Inch 60Hz FHD Touchscreen/12th Gen Intel Core I7 1265U/16GB RAM/512GB SSD/Windows 11/Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7) Specs | Review
- Dell Latitude 5000 5430 (14 Inch 60Hz FHD/12th Gen Intel Core I7 1265U/16GB RAM/256GB SSD/Windows 11/Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7) Specs | Review
Specification: 12th Gen Intel Core i7 1265U