Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IV-HE184TS (14 Inch FHD 120Hz/AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS/Nvidia RTX 2060 Max-Q 6GB Graphics/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Windows 10)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS | 8 Core | 16 Threads | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.9 GHz | 4.2 GHz
- RAM: 16GB of RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | Dual Channel 1x SO-DIMM slot
- Storage: 1 TB SSD | 1x M.2 Slot
- GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 Max-Q | 6 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 7
- Display: 14 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | CEC PA LM140LF-1F01 | 120 Hz
- Battery: 76 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 2x USB 3.0 Type-C | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:1.7 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IV-HE183TS
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Design and Ports
The Zephyrus G14 has a magnesium-aluminum chassis with a smooth finish with a slight texture that hides fingerprints. The Back of the device has 1215 mini LEDs which are programable which gives it a unique look. The chassis is quite rigid and feels quite solid. The lid has very little flex and when you open the lid the hinge lifts the base of the laptop which allows for better air-flow.
- 1x 3.5mm combo audio jack
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
- 1x Type C USB 3.2 Gen
- Display Port 1.4
- 1x HDMI 2.0b
Keyboard and Trackpad
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401II-HE169TS has a chicklet style backlight keyboard. The Numpad is missing on this one and the typing experience is above average. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth glass surface with windows precision drivers is great for day-to-day use which feels extra smooth thanks to the 120Hz screen.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS
The AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS is a High-End processor for Gaming laptops. It has 8 cores and 16 Threads with a 7nm Zen2 architecture. The AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS has a base clock of 2.9 GHz and the clock speed can be boosted to up to 4.2 GHz. AMD has specified a TDP of 35 watts, therefore the Ryzen 7 4800HS and can be found in thin and light gaming laptops. The CPU can also be configured to 35-54 watts depending on the Laptop.
When compared to its previous generation, the AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS sees almost 2x improvement in performance. The AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS is significantly faster than the i7 10750H and is slightly less powerful than the i9 10980HK in terms of performance.
Display: 120Hz FHD (CEC PA LM140LF-1F01)
The FHD panel on the ROG Zephyrus G14 has a 120Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has a decent color coverage with reasonably high brightness for outdoor use.
- Panel HardwareID: CEC PA LM140LF-1F01
- Coverage: 91.5% sRGB | 66% AdobeRGB | 71% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.20;
- Max brightness: 300 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1191:1;
- Colour Temperature: 7200 K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.28 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 43 ms
Specification: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IV-HE184TS (14 Inch FHD 120Hz/AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS/Nvidia RTX 2060 Max-Q 6GB Graphics/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Windows 10)