HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1001na (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics/8GB RAM/256GB SSD/Windows 10 Home)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H | 6 Core | 12 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 3 GHz | 4 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 3200MHz | Single Channel 2x DIMM slot
- Storage: 256GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 1x M.2 Slot
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile | 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 6
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | Chi Mei CMN150D | 60 Hz
- Battery: 52.5 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 1x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.08 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1001na
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1001na
The HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1001na is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H and Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobilewith 4 GB VRAM and AMD Radeon RX Vega 6. Other key specs include 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD. The Display here is a 15.6 Inches 60 Hz FHD (1920 x 1080) Panel.
The HP Pavilion 15-ec1001na is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 9750H. The 4600H should be able to handle most of your active workloads of Photo and Video editing or any other CPU-intensive task the only bottleneck here being the 8GB of RAM which you can easily upgrade. The GTX 1650, on the other hand, is an entry-level GPU with limited potential for GPU-intensive tasks such as 3D rendering and Gaming. Now compared to the previous GTX 1650 is about 40 percent more powerful than GTX 1050ti and is about 15 percent slower when compared to GTX 1060. The 256GB SSD is fast but may not be enough for most users but you can easily add more storage.
Design and Ports
The HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1001na has a black plastic chassis with a smooth finish and an angular design. The hinge also has an angular design and can be opened with one hand to a maximum angle of 130 degrees however, is a fingerprint magnet. In terms of looks, it has a minimalist look and you won’t feel uncomfortable taking it out in a professional setting. The speaker grill sits above the keyboard with hexagonal patterns which is a nice touch.
The port selection here is nothing special but it’s nice to have an SD card slot.
1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 1x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | SD Card Reader | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
Keyboard and Trackpad
The HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1001na has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The keys have a clear actuation point with a little flex and you will have decent tying experience. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision.
Specification: HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1001na (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics/8GB RAM/256GB SSD/Windows 10 Home)