Lenovo Legion Y540 81SY00TGIN (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/9th Gen Core Intel i5 9300H/8GB RAM/1TB HDD+256GB SSD/Windows 10/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics)
- CPU: 9th Gen Intel Core i5 9300H | 4 Core | 8 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 2.4 GHz | 4.1 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 2666 MHz | Dual Channel 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Storage: 1TB HDD, 256GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 1x M.2 Slot
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile | 4 GB VRAM | Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Display: 15.6 Inch | FHD (1920 x 1080) | B156HAN02.1 | 60 Hz
- Battery: 52.5 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3 (Type C) | 3x USB 3.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | Mini-DisplayPort | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.3 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: Lenovo Legion Y540 81SY00TGIN
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: Lenovo Legion Y540 81SY00TGIN
Lenovo Legion Y540 81SY00TGIN comes with an Intel i5 9th generation 9300H quad-core processor as well as the GTX 1650 Graphics. The RAM and Storage are configured at 8 GB single-channel and 1TB HDD + 256GB NVMe SSD. The Lenovo Legion Y540 is a sleek, portable 15.6-inch mid-range gaming laptop with a well-optimized to run cooler and quieter than most gaming laptops in its price range.
The Intel Core i5-9300H is a Mid-Range processor for Gaming Laptops. The Quad-core processor is comparable to the older Core i7-7920HQ and is almost 10 percent faster than 8300H. When it comes to your day-to-day tasks the with the 9300H you will have a great experience however if you are looking for a laptop for editing/design workloads the 9300H will get the job done but there are plenty of better options available.
Design and Ports
Legion y540 has full plastic body construction but does not look or feel cheap. The top lid has a matte finish that won’t attract fingerprints and with its minimal design blends well into an office setting. It weighs about 2.2 kgs but feels pretty light. The display has a little flex especially when being opened with only one hand. To achieve the narrow bezels, Lenovo has gone for the webcam (nose cam) below the display. The hinges hold the display firmly in its place and allow an opening angle of 180 degrees.
- 3xUSB 3.1 Type-A
- Ethernet Jack
- Audio and Microphone Combo
- USB 3.0 Type-C
- Kensington Lock Slot
- Mini DisplayPort
Display: 60Hz FHD (AU Optronics B156HAN02.1)
The FHD panel on the Lenovo Legion Y540 81SY00TGIN has a 60Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel Model Number: AU Optronics B156HAN02.1
- Coverage: 56% sRGB | 36% AdobeRGB;
- Max brightness: 260 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1150:1;
- Gamma: 2.53
- Response Time: 25 ms;
Specification: Lenovo Legion Y540 81SY00TGIN (15.6 Inch 60Hz FHD/9th Gen Core Intel i5 9300H/8GB RAM/1TB HDD+256GB SSD/Windows 10/Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Graphics)