Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566II-HN230T (15.6 Inch FHD 144Hz/AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/Nvidia GTX 1650Ti 4GB Graphics/8GB RAM/1TB HDD + 512GB SSD/Windows 10)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H | 6 Core | 12 Thread | 8MB of Total L3 Cache | 3 GHz | 4 GHz
- RAM: 8GB of RAM | DDR4 3200 MHz | Single Channel 2x SO-DIMM Slots
- Storage: 512GB SSD | 1x 2.5-inch SATA Slot for SSD/HDD Expansion | 2x M.2 Slots
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1650ti Mobile | 4 GB VRAM | AMD Radeon RX Vega 6
- Display: 15.6 Inches | FHD (1920 x 1080) | Panda LM156LF-2F01 | 144Hz
- Battery: 48 Watt Hour
- Operating System:Windows 10
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (Type C) | 2x USB 3.0 (Type-A) | 1x USB 2.0 (Type A) | HDMI | Rj- 45 Ethernet Jack | 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack
- Other Features: Keyboard: Backlit, Chicklet Style | Weight:2.15 Kg | Additional Features: Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6
- Laptop Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566II-HN230T
*Disclaimer: The price & specification of the given product may differ from the actual product. Please confirm on the retailer's website before buying.
Laptop Review: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566II-HN230T
The ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566II-HN230T is powered by the 6 core AMD Ryzen 5 4600H processor and a GTX 1650Ti with 4 GB of VRAM. The display here is the 144Hz FHD (1920x1080p) panel. Other specs include 8 GB RAM and 1TB HDD + 512GB SSD. This is a great laptop if you are a professional creator, engineers, or gaming this is a great laptop.
- Great Options For Upgradability (2x SO-DIMM Slots | 2x M.2 Slot | 1x 2.5 Inch SATA Slot)
- Fast 144Hz Display
- Great Entry Level CPU
- Decent Port Selection
- No Wi-Fi 6
- Below-average battery
- Poor Colour Coverage
- No SD Card Reader
- Small Arrow Keys
- No Finger-Print Scanner
Design and Ports
The chassis of the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566II-HN230T is entirely made out of plastic with a grey back. The design looks considerably better than last year. It has a tuff design except for the lid which wobbles a little. The display maintains a modern design with thin 7mm bezels.
- 1 x 3.5mm COMBO audio jack
- 1x Type-A USB2.0
- 2x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1)
- 1x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2) with display support DP1.4
- 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
- 1x HDMI support 2.0b
Keyboard and Trackpad
The Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566II-HN230T has a chicklet style backlit keyboard. The WASD keys are transparent and get a little extra RGB backlight. The arrow keys are a bit small with the num pad being a little narrow. Overall you will have a good experience while typing and Gaming. The trackpad on the other hand has a smooth matte surface though it lacks a little precision. The dedicated mouse buttons on the bottom quite clicky and tactile and it is always better to have dedicated buttons.
The ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA566II-HN230T is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H which is slightly more powerful than the i7 9750H. The 4600H should be able to handle most of your active workloads of Photo and Video editing or any other CPU-intensive task the only bottleneck here being the 8GB of RAM which you can easily upgrade. The GTX 1650, on the other hand, is an entry-level GPU with limited potential for GPU intensive tasks such as 3D rendering and Gaming. Now compared to the previous GTX 1650 is about 40 percent more powerful than GTX 1050ti and is about 15 percent slower when compared to GTX 1060. The RAM and storage of the FA566II-HN230T are configured at 8GB and 1TB HDD + 512GB SSD. The 8GB DDR4 RAM runs in single-channel at 3200 there are 2x SO-DIMM slots one occupied and one available. The max limit for memory support here is 32 GB. Here you have several options for upgrading the storage with 1xM.2 Slots of which is occupied and one 2.5 Inch SATA slot is also occupied.
Display: 144Hz FHD (LM156LF-2F01)
The FHD panel on the Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566II-HN230T has a 144Hz Refresh rate and doesn’t suffer from and noticeable issues such as backlight bleeding and PWM flickering. The display here has an average color coverage and below-average brightness and suitable for outdoor use.
- Panel HardwareID:LM156LF-2F01
- Coverage: 66% sRGB | 49% AdobeRGB | 49% DCI P3;
- Measured Gamma: 2.33;
- Max brightness: 250 Nits;
- Contrast Ratio: 1200:1;
- Colour Temperature: 6485K;
- Black on max brightness: 0.15 cd/m2;
- PWM Flickering: No;
- Response Time: 25 ms
Specification: Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA566II-HN230T (15.6 Inch FHD 144Hz/AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/Nvidia GTX 1650Ti 4GB Graphics/8GB RAM/1TB HDD + 512GB SSD/Windows 10)